What Is A "custard" Filling?

Decorating By anku Updated 25 Sep 2008 , 1:53am by ccarroca

anku Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anku Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 12:47am
post #1 of 4

My client requested custard filling with strawberry cake. If have never done this filling.....so does it go well with strawberry cake and can anyone please pass me a great recipe of custard!

Thanks in advance.

3 replies
tracey1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracey1970 Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 1:03am
post #2 of 4

There are custard recipes on here under recipes, or you can buy pre-made custard at the store. It's like a vanilla flavoured stuff that resembles a pudding in consistency. I've used it as a cupcake filling before. My hubby's family is Scottish, so custard is a regular coating of many desserts - like its own food group!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 1:29am
post #3 of 4

As tracey said, it's similar to pudding....usually called 'egg custard'. To me, it's not as sweet as pudding......very bland.
You might use Bavarian Cream filling that comes in the sleeve....no cooking; no refrig'ing needed....and it tastes goodicon_smile.gif

ccarroca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccarroca Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 1:53am
post #4 of 4

what does bavarian cream filling taste like?? I would like to find a stable filling and frosting that tastes liked whipped cream. There is an italian pastry shop in my town and I don't think its actually whipped cream, but boy is it delicious.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%