Cake

Decorating By nopleazn Updated 22 Sep 2008 , 9:23pm by nopleazn

nopleazn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nopleazn Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 6:54pm
post #1 of 5

Hello all, I baked my first cake with the recipe from Welton, I was wondering if anyone has a better recipe or any advice for me? All advice is welcomed icon_redface.gif

4 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 7:51pm
post #2 of 5

Welcome to cake Central. Not everyone has the same results using the exact same recipe. It helps to try several sources and even then not every flavor will be what you want.

Before you buy a bunch of cake books, you might look at your local library for cake. The cake Bible, Whimsical Bake house, and other all have recipes.

Plus, the recipe section here has many many excellent recipes.

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 8:29pm
post #3 of 5

first of all, welcome to the boards!! it's great to have you here...sit down, take a load off, and just dive in and start researching.

in the cake world, finding recipes, techniques, etc are really like paying your dues. no one is just going to hand you their prized recipe's...you have to show your sincerity to suceed in this business by searching for them....tried and true recipes that have won ribbons and are guaranteed crowd pleasers are floating around on this site...but ya gotta work a little (or a lot) to get them!! it all depends on what is popular in your area, what will work in your area due to humidity and such, the ethnic population in your area, the ingredients that are accessible to you..etc...i think you get my drift. check out the recipes section of this site, where they are rated by stars...more stars = more popular recipe! you can also search for keywords in the "forum' section, using the search option.

feel free to ask specific questions...we love to help...but we really can't write a general response that will adequately cover all you're wanting to know.

imakecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imakecakes Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 8:51pm
post #4 of 5

Welcome! I agree with Mixinvixen 100%. All addictions begin with experimentation (Only this one is way more fun than the illegal ones!)

To begin, I suggest a book called The Cake Mix Doctor. Not a bad recipe in the whole book! Have fun and ask all the questions you need to. We love to help!

nopleazn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nopleazn Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 9:23pm
post #5 of 5

Thank You sooo much, yall are wonderful on here I feel so welcomed.. I will make a trip to my library to check out some books.. Thank You again and Thanks for answering so quickly.. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%