Who Hear Is Cold All The Time?

Lounge By mellormom Updated 25 Sep 2008 , 6:47pm by sweettoothmom

mellormom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellormom Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 8:29pm
post #1 of 20

I know it's a hormone thing and that if you don't have enough Iron you get cold but boy is it annoying! I have a sweater on from now until the end of spring!
Thanks for letting me vent!
Jen...

19 replies
JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 8:55pm
post #2 of 20

My fingers, feet and tip of my nose are frozen from October to May. My kids used to beg me not to touch them without rubbing my hands together first!

Cold hands, warm heart they always say!

Jodie

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 10:09pm
post #3 of 20

JodieF, you are describing me to a T!! I sooooo hate to see cool weather coming icon_cry.gif

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 10:59pm
post #4 of 20

I am cold here all the time too!!

icon_rolleyes.gif It is either snowin' or blowin' here up on the hill all the time. I think it may have been warm here for about 5 days this whole "summer"

My DH wears his long johns from about end August till 4th of July. icon_lol.gif

We just came back from a week in FL, and boy do I want to go back. Once we got to the airport here, good thing there were our jackets in the van. Get home and everyone is wearing turtlenecks, and sweatshirts. icon_cry.gif !!!!

mellormom Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 2:39am
post #5 of 20

We will get to go to Florida in Oct. and SC in Feb so at least I have that to look forward to. icon_smile.gif My hand and feet freeze as well. If I ever want to make my husband jump I just put my cold feet on his legs while we are in bed. icon_lol.gif
Jen...

kimberlina25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimberlina25 Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 5:10am
post #6 of 20

i am constantly cold! I run my space heater at work ALL YEAR LONG! I will be cold now until at least may! I don't have kids now, but I do worry that when i do, they won't want me touching them since my hands are always freezing!

banba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
banba Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 8:58am
post #7 of 20

Me too and I am dying with the flu at the moment. This is the start of it and I will have colds from now until May probably!

I bought myself a lovely big pair of those sleep suit pj's for adults. They are pink with white feet. Man I love these things except when the door bell rings I have to go hide! icon_redface.gif

navywifetrat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
navywifetrat Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 1:27am
post #8 of 20

I am always cold also. I wear a flannel robe over my clothes around the house. Everyone makes fun of me!

mom2leelee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2leelee Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 1:43am
post #9 of 20

I'm no where near as bad since I started actually taking my iron pills everyday. I used to be so cold all of the time the tip of my nose would actually hurt!

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 2:00am
post #10 of 20

I am just the opposite! I am always hot and of course, my cubicle gets no air conditioning at all. I've lived in the south all of my life and I can't handle the heat. I can handle cold, I can put more clothes on, but getting too hot makes me nauseous. Unfortunately, hubby takes blood thinners and is cold natured. I'm so happy that cooler weather is coming - I will finally be comfortable.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 5:56pm
post #11 of 20

The guys I work with think that 62 degrees is the ideal setting for the air conditioning (they'd set it even lower if they thought they could get a way with it). I sit in front of a computer all day, moving a little mouse around. Not a lot of physical activity to keep me warm. I have a cardigan I wear all summer long. And our secretary brought in a huge blanket that she wraps around herself to keep from freezing. Stupid men.

mellormom Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 6:27pm
post #12 of 20

Men have no clue! icon_smile.gif LOL
Jen...

sweettoothmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettoothmom Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 9:01pm
post #13 of 20

When I first moved here from Texas everyone told me "dont worry, your blood will thicken up and you wont be cold all the time"

It has been almost 15 years now and my blood has yet to thicken.

My nose, my hands, my feet they freeze in 90 degree weather. The sad thing is when I get cold I also get clammy. The claminess then in turn makes me cold. It is a vicious cycle. My doctor has warned me to avoid situations of extreme cold because I am above average in probability of hypothermia and frost bite.

Last winter while digging out of the snow, I had a thumb and two fingers with frost bite in as little as 10 minutes time. And yes i had HEAVY gloves on the entire time.

My husband also hates my coldness. But hey I can feel the heat radiating off his body from across the room so I naturally gravitate closer to him when I am cold. It is innate, I cant help it.
He got dreadfully sick this past year and was running a high unbreakable fever for several days. He was so cold he just couldnt stand it. After covering him with warm blankets and filling his coffee cup, all I could say is "that is how I feel all day, all year long". I think he finally got it.

I have tried the Iron, the hormones, the vitamins the crushed red peppper and cinnamon in my socks and gloves. NOTHING HELPS. THe docs are stumped.

I cant even pickup a gallon of mix and hold it for the walk to the kitchen from the driveway. I always ask them to put it in a paperbag and they look at me like I am crazy.

As a wonderful gift to me, my hubby is installing warm wire floors in our kitchen, bathrooms and dining rooms. Since I spend most of my time in the kitchen and dining room I can only wear one pair of socks instead of 4 this winter.. thumbs_up.gif

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 9:10pm
post #14 of 20

Wow, sweettoothmom, and I thought I had it bad. I feel so badly for you. I can only imagine what you go through. Those floors should really help alot. I so hope so for your sake. Sounds like your hubby really does understand now.

mellormom Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 9:57pm
post #15 of 20

Oh my! You beat us all!
Jen...

mellormom Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 10:06pm
post #16 of 20

sweettoothmom
Have you tried acupuncture? It read it helps with circulation things.
Jen...

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 11:44am
post #17 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettoothmom

My nose, my hands, my feet they freeze in 90 degree weather.

I cant even pickup a gallon of mix and hold it for the walk to the kitchen from the driveway. I always ask them to put it in a paperbag and they look at me like I am crazy.

thumbs_up.gif

Has anyone mentioned you might have Renauds Syndrome (sp?)? I get numbness in my fingers and toes, they turn white, then red, then dusky blue. It doesn't require much in a drop in temperure to trigger it, and it's more of a nuisance than anything. At least I have a name for the freezing digits! Sorry to hear you are struggling with the cold.

sweettoothmom Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 5:52pm
post #18 of 20

No I havent been diagnosed with any condition. My blood pressure is low to begin with and my normal body temp is around 95-96 degrees. Even when I was pregnant my temp only got up to 97.
My fingers dont turn in color and my circulation seems to be normal. I am just cold all the time. Right now it is 56 degrees here and I have two shirts on (one t shirt and a sweatshirt over that) and wool socks. My nose is freezing off!!!

Believe you me mellormom I am not winning at anything here. I had to buy a jug of milk this a.m. and I can feel the cold in my bones up to my elbow. A cold floor makes my bones ache up to my hip. Lets just say i keep that cute little girl on the swiss miss packages in leaderhosen icon_lol.gif

HMMMM leaderhosen.... that is something I havent tried as yet.

mellormom Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 6:16pm
post #19 of 20

at least you can laugh about it. thumbs_up.gif
I always turn to humor in situations like that. It's the best medicine!
Jen...

sweettoothmom Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 6:47pm
post #20 of 20

Very true.

I am off to the store to find leaderhosen and a flannel robe to wear over my clothes.

love u all lots

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%