What Can I Use In Place Of Whip Cream?

Decorating By jigga Updated 21 Sep 2008 , 5:09pm by dellboi2u

jigga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jigga Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 4:45am
post #1 of 6

a client is requesting whip cream in their cake but i never use whip cream because it has to be kept refrigerated at all times. the cake i'm making cant be refrigerated after i cover it with fondant therefore i cant use whip cream. i'm a new cake decorator... what can you suggest that i use instead that has somewhat of a similar taste?

5 replies
fearlessbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fearlessbaker Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 4:49am
post #2 of 6

can you get Pastry Pride, Frostin' Pride or Bettercream. They don't need refrigeration.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 11:08pm
post #3 of 6

1st of all.......yes, you can frig a cake covered w/fondanticon_smile.gif
The products mentioned are good if you have access to them.

fearlessbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fearlessbaker Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 2:40am
post #4 of 6

I forgot to mention that I have covered and refrigerated and even froze cakes covered in fondant. Not Wilton fondant though. The ones I use are Pettinice(sp) Choco-Pan and Satin Ice. I put them in a cardboard box, not a skimpy cake box, and then cover the box with plastic wrap, tin foil and more plastic.

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 5:13am
post #5 of 6

I just read a post from Collette Peters saying she puts fondant covered cakes in the fridge all the time, she covers it w/ plastic wrap first.

dellboi2u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dellboi2u Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 5:09pm
post #6 of 6

I always refrigerate my fondant cakes after I am finished decorating them. ALWAYS!! I pull them out a couple of hours before I deliver them, but I have never run into problems.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%