Do You Ever Dream About Cake?

Decorating By justfrosting Updated 20 Sep 2008 , 7:05am by amysue99

justfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justfrosting Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 1:17pm
post #1 of 27

I had three last night...

In the first dream, I thought the bottom of the cake board was sticky so I flipped the entire cake/board upside down to see what it was...

Second dream my dog ate my cake...

In my third dream, I was so nervous something would happen to the cake, I took it into the bath with me

icon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_redface.gificon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

26 replies
srodts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
srodts Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 1:45pm
post #2 of 27

You are way to funny!! I was just thinking about this yesterday. I dream about cake all the time!! Strange dreams. For the life of me I cant think of them right now but just the other day I was dreaming about them wondering if others do that too.
Thanks for posting!! Now I dont feel so bad

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 1:53pm
post #3 of 27

I am almost always in a "cake fog".

I dream about cake all night long and usually wake up tired from all the "work" I did building a 7 tier wedding cake - HAHAHA!

I can look at almost anything and somehow turn it into cake - especially clothes and fabrics.

I know I drive people crazy - I can't count how many times I have said "That would make such a cool cake!"

I really thought I was the only one.

justfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justfrosting Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 1:53pm
post #4 of 27

I woke up in a true panic and then when I realized they were only dreams, I had an amazing sense of "OH THANK GOD" wash over me...
icon_cool.gif

farmom3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
farmom3 Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 1:55pm
post #5 of 27

me too icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif
I think every night I dream about the cake some of them very nice , I made a lovley cake but some .....
one night in my dream I was in the challenge on tv icon_lol.gif

missnyc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missnyc Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 2:10pm
post #6 of 27

Not til i discovered this website, now i cant get to sleep cos im thinking of all things cake!

jenbakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenbakescakes Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 2:13pm
post #7 of 27

I came up with the design for my state fair cake I am working on in a dream. I am hoping it's not someone else's design that I saw a long time ago and forgot about!! Also, last night (since I am feverishly working on my cakes for the state fair) I had a dream that I was at the fair and I won 2nd and the 1st place cake looked like a 2 year old had decorated it! lol I need a vacation!

pianocat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pianocat Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 2:29pm
post #8 of 27

This just goes to show that it's not "just a cake" to a cake artist. It is seriously stressful to make a cake for someone else, especially knowing there are high expectations about that cake. That said, your cakes, especially Cassies Cake, are truly beautiful-so relax!

jessfmaldonado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessfmaldonado Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 2:44pm
post #9 of 27

OH MY GOODNESS!!! Thank goodness I am not the only one!!!!!!! I thought I was going crazy! I have been dreaming about cakes, cupcakes, cookies, a bakery, buttercream etc.... I cannot get baking and cakes off of my mind!!!!! I am so happy to hear others have this sickness too lol. (sigh of relief)

Jessica icon_smile.gif

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 2:55pm
post #10 of 27

I've had maybe one dream about cake but I do find myself thinking about it often and what my next cake is going to be.

susanscakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanscakecreations Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 3:01pm
post #11 of 27

Hello.....my name is Susan..........and I, too, am a Cake-a-holic...........
I eat, sleep, breathe, (even at my regular job!) cake, all things cake and cake-like!!!!!

I swear, janelwaters and I could be twins separated at birth..........fear not, janel............for I too "can look at almost anything and somehow turn it into cake - especially clothes and fabrics."
And just like you, I can't count how many times I have said "That would make such a cool cake!"

I had on a blouse the other day that had a black background with different sizes of light and dark pink and silver circles..........and when I took it off, I thought..........mayn, that would make a SWEET looking cake!!!!!!!

So you are not alone!!!!

Susan

AZCakeGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCakeGirl Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 3:02pm
post #12 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelwaters

I am almost always in a "cake fog".

I dream about cake all night long and usually wake up tired from all the "work" I did building a 7 tier wedding cake - HAHAHA!

I can look at almost anything and somehow turn it into cake - especially clothes and fabrics.

I know I drive people crazy - I can't count how many times I have said "That would make such a cool cake!"

I really thought I was the only one.

Are you sure you're talking about yourself here, because you just described ME to a "T"!?!? icon_smile.gif

angelatx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelatx Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 3:06pm
post #13 of 27

I have had the same dream a few times. I am running late to take the cake and when i get there I have the wrong cake. Weird huh? icon_confused.gif

Iloveweddings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iloveweddings Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 3:07pm
post #14 of 27

Yes.

Kahuna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kahuna Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 3:15pm
post #15 of 27

All the time!! Sometimes I will get an idea but it's usually a stress situation. One it was raining and I had to have my 4yr old hold the umbrella so I was on my knees with a huge tiered cake trying to get to the van. Oh in another (this was before a big catering job) All I had to deliver was a pick up truck (my one I had in high school icon_confused.gif ) and Chef Ramsey was sitting on the tailgate yelling at me to hurry up and load the food. Maybe I watch too much TV

Pookie59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pookie59 Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 3:21pm
post #16 of 27

Actually I dreamt about leveling a cake last night...maybe because I've got my step-daughter's upcoming birthday cake on my mind.

janelwaters Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 3:23pm
post #17 of 27

Oh yea - and when I'm not dreaming about cake or making up new cakes based on my childs toys and the fabric from my shorts; I am dreaming about the non existent bakery that I have and how I will decorate it and where it will be located and apparently in this dream world I also have a dream bank account to fund the whole thing!

I am a sick sick individual!! But, it gets me through the day!

janelwaters Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 3:26pm
post #18 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna

All the time!! Sometimes I will get an idea but it's usually a stress situation. One it was raining and I had to have my 4yr old hold the umbrella so I was on my knees with a huge tiered cake trying to get to the van. Oh in another (this was before a big catering job) All I had to deliver was a pick up truck (my one I had in high school icon_confused.gif ) and Chef Ramsey was sitting on the tailgate yelling at me to hurry up and load the food. Maybe I watch too much TV

Ok - this is were I lost it and laughed so hard I started crying! You are SO FUNNY!!

Kahuna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kahuna Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 3:39pm
post #19 of 27

Glad you got a laugh out of it. I wish I could remember some of the others!

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 3:50pm
post #20 of 27

Man, there are so many times I go on this web site and feel YEAH ME TOO! but I have to tell you, I admire y;all for admitting this in public..because I always thought I was NUTS!!! I dream of cakes I am working on (I even workout some of the details on the cake) and I never get any sleep friday nights because even though I have done hundreds of wedding cakes, I dream of them and hope deliveries go well. I guess you have to just be obssessed to do this job..

ShopGrl1128 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShopGrl1128 Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 4:08pm
post #21 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelwaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna

Ok - this is were I lost it and laughed so hard I started crying! You are SO FUNNY!!

LOLâ¦OMG! This is hilariousâ¦I had tiers coming out my eyes reading this!!!
I've had some many crazy cake dreams it is almost embarrassing to shareâ¦and yeah, so many times I wake up shaking thinking it is for real...and I spend the entire day getting all paranoidâ¦
icon_rolleyes.gif

seagoat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
seagoat Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 9:34pm
post #22 of 27

I also have cake dreams. Mine are usually when I have a cake coming up and I'm not sure what the design will be. I also have "oh sh%t"! dreams where I think I've over slept. The customer is here to pick up the cake and I haven't even started yet.

I have also come up with "how to do, cake" when I'm sleeping. So really...we're always working.

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 10:27pm
post #23 of 27

mine are always frustrating.....at the shop...it's full of customers, can't find someones cake, other people are trying to order, i need to be decorating, everyone wants my attention at once....

geeze not that much different than real life ha ha ha, sometimes i wake up and am so relieved it was a dream.

Sonya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sonya Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 11:47pm
post #24 of 27

Well I had a doozie of a dream last night about the cake I am working on for the Carolina cake show tomorrow in Pineville, NC. This is the first time I am entering a cake show and I dreamed that I had finished my cake and my husband had a box of zesta crackers in his hand and he went to reach over the cake to sit the box of crackers on the counter and dropped the box of crackers on the cake and it smushed the cake all to pieces, not big chunks but tiny pieces (must have been some heavy crackers) lol. I started screaming bloody murder at the top of my lungs, just screaming no words just screaming, lolololol! Then I woke up and was about ready to kill my husband until I went and looked at the cake to make sure it was ok.

icon_biggrin.gif

Teenequeene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teenequeene Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 6:40am
post #25 of 27

I was making a cake for a friend of mine. It was for a Labor Day party. I assumed the party was on Labor Day monday. A few nights before that I had a dream that I made her cake and someone else came to pick it up saying they ordered the same cake and I guess I never got their order so I gave them the one I made. So my friend came to get her cake and I had to make something up real quick so I was making it out of brownies and rice krispie treats. Well the next day I was talking to my friend and she mentioned the party was on saturday. OMG. My dream almost came true in a way. She would have gotten a RKT cake cuz I thought it was on monday. LOL

mommy_of_3_DDs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommy_of_3_DDs Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 7:02am
post #26 of 27

I dream new cake flavor combinations. It is really weird... I also scour the dessert and cocktail menus at resturants for inspiration which always leads to me "experimenting" in my dreams... so far all the real cakes made from the recipe dreamed have turned out good... so it's all good!

I also have nightmares where I dropped the cake, cat ate the cake, kids got into the LOCKED cake room, ect...

I also have working cake dreams where I wake up sore from kneading fondant all night and then I am too tired to make the fondant that needs made in real life that day.

amysue99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amysue99 Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 7:05am
post #27 of 27

I dream about cakes quite often. Mostly they're about cake disasters. In the most recent one I got orders mixed up and on the wrnog weekends. And I was delivering one to a customer (who is very particular about her cakes) and it was completely wrong.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%