Please Help With Cake Pattern!!

Decorating By kingofcakes2 Updated 1 Oct 2008 , 7:34pm by __Jamie__

kingofcakes2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kingofcakes2 Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 1:56am
post #1 of 37

Is there anyone that knows where to get this print? Or do you think it was hand cut.

I have searched hell and high water for the pattern and have no luck.

It says the pattern cake from Wall paper inc, but couldnt find it.

http://weddings.theknot.com/ODB/themes/realweddings/view.aspx?id=29115&type=1&MsdVisit=1

36 replies
janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 2:08am
post #2 of 37

http://blinds-wallpaper.net/wallpaper/wallpaper/damask/black-and-white-parisian-damask-wallpaper/prod_738.html

I think this is it - it even says on there - featured in a cake magazine.

Hope that helps!!
Janel

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 2:10am
post #3 of 37

I just googled classic wallcoverings inc and it came up first in the listings

kingofcakes2 Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 12:25pm
post #4 of 37

Anyone know how to get that image on a cake??

janelwaters Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 12:40pm
post #5 of 37

Get some blank stencils and cut the pattern out and use that to put the pattern on the cake (cover cake in fondant, hold stencil against cake, smear royal icing or buttercream over stencil, smooth, gently pull stencil off).

someone please correct me if i'm wrong - that is just how I have done stenciling in the past.

You could also use the pattern to cut out pieces of fondant to put on the cake...

kingofcakes2 Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 1:13pm
post #6 of 37

So, just order the wall paper and cut it out?

I thought of that, i was going to cut it out of fondant. See, it is going on cheesecake, and cheesecake is different than bakery cake, it has a tendancy to sweat a little.

Well, I ordered the wall paper. It just looks a little time consuming and tedeaous to cut out that pattern! Whaooooooo.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelwaters

Get some blank stencils and cut the pattern out and use that to put the pattern on the cake (cover cake in fondant, hold stencil against cake, smear royal icing or buttercream over stencil, smooth, gently pull stencil off).

someone please correct me if i'm wrong - that is just how I have done stenciling in the past.

You could also use the pattern to cut out pieces of fondant to put on the cake...

janelwaters Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 1:17pm
post #7 of 37

My other suggestion and probably the easiest way to do it would be to use Sugarveil (www.sugarveil.com) - order their starter kit which is onsale right now. Tape down the pattern, cover with wax paper, crisco the wax paper and pipe the design. With sugarveil you can just lift and stick and I think it would work great on cheesecake!

- please let me know how you ended up doing this - that pattern is beautiful!!

kingofcakes2 Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 1:24pm
post #8 of 37

I am trying to watch the demo but it must be down.....what is sugar veil exactly?

Quote:

My other suggestion and probably the easiest way to do it would be to use Sugarveil (www.sugarveil.com) - order their starter kit which is onsale right now. Tape down the pattern, cover with wax paper, crisco the wax paper and pipe the design. With sugarveil you can just lift and stick and I think it would work great on cheesecake!

- please let me know how you ended up doing this - that pattern is beautiful!!

kingofcakes2 Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 1:27pm
post #9 of 37

The thing is, I cant pipe it, with cheeecake and the black icing, it will run when it sweats.

my best bet is the fondant cut out, man that is going to take a lot of time

janelwaters Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 1:30pm
post #10 of 37

its an icing mix, but its flexible as it dries. its really cool stuff!

Look at the gallery and you can see all of the stuff that they have done with it. Basically you can do the piping off the cake and then literally pick it up with your fingers and place it on the cake and it wrap it around the cake because its flexible.

I have used it on several cakes in my gallery - kharsten (writing), Mickey Cookies (writing), Mickey cake (all of mickey was outlined in sugarveil and then I picked it up and placed it on the cake and filled it in with regular icing). I really really really really really love it!! (you do NOT need the air pen!) i would definately recommend the DVD and the comb - so your best bet is the starter kit.

janelwaters Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 1:36pm
post #11 of 37

black fondant will sweat more than the sugarveil.

kingofcakes2 Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 1:37pm
post #12 of 37

Does it dry smooth? so, can you color the mix and it will still dry?

Quote:

its an icing mix, but its flexible as it dries. its really cool stuff!

Look at the gallery and you can see all of the stuff that they have done with it. Basically you can do the piping off the cake and then literally pick it up with your fingers and place it on the cake and it wrap it around the cake because its flexible.

I have used it on several cakes in my gallery - kharsten (writing), Mickey Cookies (writing), Mickey cake (all of mickey was outlined in sugarveil and then I picked it up and placed it on the cake and filled it in with regular icing). I really really really really really love it!! (you do NOT need the air pen!) i would definately recommend the DVD and the comb - so your best bet is the starter kit.

janelwaters Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 1:39pm
post #13 of 37

yep! it dries thin too, so its not really bulky and you don't have to worry about weight - its like paper light.

kingofcakes2 Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 1:47pm
post #14 of 37

Ok, you sold me on it. I just ordered it, that seems the easiest, i will keep ya posted on how it goes, its on october 4th.

Thanks!!

Quote:

yep! it dries thin too, so its not really bulky and you don't have to worry about weight - its like paper light.

kingofcakes2 Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 1:48pm
post #15 of 37

Ok, you sold me on it. I just ordered it, that seems the easiest, i will keep ya posted on how it goes, its on october 4th.

Thanks!!

Quote:

janelwaters Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 1:50pm
post #16 of 37

sugarveil should put me on the payroll! haha - I really do love the stuff, it make the hard complicated things easy and fast.

The only thing that I had problems with was getting the consitence right the first 2 times I made the icing - just stick with it and watch the video, watch the video and watch the video!!

kingofcakes2 Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 1:53pm
post #17 of 37

Is the 1lb of mix enough for mess ups too?? icon_lol.gif

Quote:

sugarveil should put me on the payroll! haha - I really do love the stuff, it make the hard complicated things easy and fast.

The only thing that I had problems with was getting the consitence right the first 2 times I made the icing - just stick with it and watch the video, watch the video and watch the video!!

janelwaters Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 4:56pm
post #18 of 37

oh yea! you can get like 4 "batchs" out of the 1 lb. bag (or more, I can't remember) - i'm only on my 2nd bag.

tnt320to Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tnt320to Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 5:16pm
post #19 of 37

I too love Sugarveil. There is a black and white cake in my photos that was done with Sugarveil on buttercream. I actually piped mine on plain wax paper and let it dry a few days. I painted mine with some Americolor black get and a paintbrush. It came out great. I have mixed a couple batches out of my bag and still have at least half left. I really need to do something else with that soon. I tend to forget about it as a medium! Good luck!

janelwaters Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 5:44pm
post #20 of 37

Have you seen the video where they comb the sugarveil through the stencil and then put it randomly on the cake! That is the coolest technique!!

Peachez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peachez Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 6:11pm
post #21 of 37

Okay, janelwaters & tnt320to you've totally sold me on the SugarVeil. I'm thinking I can do whatever it is that they do with their little machine with an extra small squeeze bottle...we'll soon find out. I got the starter kit & can't wait to get it! I'm pretty psyched about making realistic looking bows too & using my craft punches...OMG! My head is reeling with ideas already, I'm so excited!! Did I say that already? LOL! Thanks ladies, you've made my day icon_biggrin.gif

janelwaters Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 6:44pm
post #22 of 37

YEA!!! It is so much fun to work with - I watched my video like 4 times in a row and then I have gone back over the last year + and watched it at least another dozen times.

JUST THE COOLEST STUFF!

tnt320to Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tnt320to Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 7:28pm
post #23 of 37

I just use my regular piping bags and tips. All I bought was the confectionary mix itself!

janelwaters Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 7:44pm
post #24 of 37

I use regular piping bags and tips too.

doitallmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doitallmom Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 11:39pm
post #25 of 37

Oh, you CC people just live to make me spend $$ don't ya!!!!! I'd looked at sugarveil before and forgotten about it, now I have to have it thanks to you all! But wait, maybe I won't have to spend any $$ afterall. janelwaters, when you get ut on the payroll, you can just ship me the mix!!!!

janelwaters Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 11:43pm
post #26 of 37

I am all about spreading the wealth!! I think that not only should I get some kind of referral fee in the form of free product, I think they should send out a free sample to try!

Marketing Marketing Marketing!!!!

Seriously the stuff is awesome!

I wish they would offer a class or something to go over EVERYTHING that you can do with it!

Who do I need to contact about this!?!?!?!?!?! haha

janelwaters Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 10:23pm
post #27 of 37

Just checking to see how everyone likes their Sugar Veil???

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 10:44pm
post #28 of 37

Oh, I am SOOOOOO ordering this stuff! Not only does it look like a dream to work with, BUT, I found a template a few months ago, downloaded it, and lost it. icon_sad.gif Couldn't find it anywhere, forgot to bookmark it, gone forever...and I tried to find it for weeks!

Turns out, the sugarveil website is where it was! Wow!

I JUST ORDERED MY SUGARVEIL STARTER KIT!! Yay!!

Peachez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peachez Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 1:40pm
post #29 of 37

I placed my order for the starter kit on 9/19 and still have yet to receive it. I'll let you know how much I love it, if I ever get it....

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 3:29pm
post #30 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachez

I placed my order for the starter kit on 9/19 and still have yet to receive it. I'll let you know how much I love it, if I ever get it....

icon_sad.gif

Hmmm....guess I won't watch the front porch for any packages THIS week.... icon_confused.gif

On another note, in another thread about "cracking the sugarveil recipe" someone mentioned that they won a kit from Sugarveil, but NOT the $150 gun, but they found the gun at Michael's for 15$...huh??

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%