Update On The "freezing Piping Gel"

Decorating By mom2leelee Updated 18 Sep 2008 , 11:42am by GrandmaG

mom2leelee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2leelee Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 1:35am
post #1 of 6

Well I decided not to freeze the gel as a transfer because I read that piping gel did not freeze well. I just did a regular piping gel transfer to get the pattern of the leading. Then I mixed white chocolate w/ piping gel and added black color for an opaque look for the leading and piped it over the transfer lines. I really like the way this turned out. Not sure about the fondant border but I thought it needed something and truthfully I was out of icing bags icon_redface.gif
LL

5 replies
sadiepix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadiepix Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 1:42am
post #2 of 6

I was hoping to see this cake! It looks fantastic!
Great design and colors, and done really well!

I am glad to see it and hear your advice before I do my stained glass cake tomorrow/Friday.

Thanks! Great job!

mom2leelee Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 1:48am
post #3 of 6

Thanks! All in all it's a pretty easy technique. It took a little while because I painted my piping gel on instead of using a bag or bottle (except for the leading).

moxey2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moxey2000 Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 1:53am
post #4 of 6

Wow! Very nice job. I love how the stained glass looks. I wanted to do something like this not too long ago, but I couldn't figure out how to get it to work. Thanks for describing your technique.

mom2leelee Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 2:09am
post #5 of 6

Well for some reason the attachment isn't working. You can see the cake in my pictures.

GrandmaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrandmaG Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 11:42am
post #6 of 6

Great job mom2leelee! I'll have to try this some time!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%