Retirement Cake

Decorating By illini89 Updated 17 Sep 2008 , 10:07pm by pipercakes

illini89 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
illini89 Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 12:44pm
post #1 of 3

? I need to do a cake for two ladies who are retiring. One is from germany the other from Turkey. They would like a flag of each country on the cake. I plan to make the cakes out of fondant. My question is this: do I just put them both on the cake, write happy retirement and put a border on it? Should I add some roses/flowers?-- WHat colors?- The german flag is black, red, gold the turkisch flag is red and white. I need to make this one extra special, as it for work where I could easily pick up more orders
any suggestions would be much appreciated.

2 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 10:06pm
post #2 of 3

I definate would add some flowersicon_smile.gif As for colors of those flowers, keep it white w/maybe some touches of red or pink (dropflowers?).

You don't say what size/shape this cake will be. Have you thought of an oval? The flowers can cascade over the edge a bit. Keep the leaves more on a pastel side.

pipercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipercakes Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 10:07pm
post #3 of 3

What about a large sheetcake with a line down the center splitting it up, putting one flag/ladie's name on the left and the other flag/name on the right. Then you can write happy retirement over the whole cake, overlapping both sides.

Or do two smaller cakes that joined by a fondant banner with retirement writing?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%