Wasc......question?

Decorating By cavette Updated 19 Sep 2008 , 11:57pm by cavette

cavette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cavette Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 4:39am
post #1 of 9

I was wondering if I could use the (wasc) recipe to make a yellow cake? I tried it for my son's birthday and it turned out great! T-N-Advance

8 replies
kayla1505 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayla1505 Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 5:02am
post #2 of 9

ive used wasc to make yellow cake , its turns out yummy. i had a problem with chocolate though

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 8:06am
post #3 of 9

Here's the expanded flavors version of the WASC cake recipe:

http://tinyurl.com/2cu8s4

You can use ANY flavor of cake mix, and change the extracts to suit....

My DH's favorite is DH orange cake mix (with orange extract) frosted with Rich's Bettercreme for a dreamsicle cake.

HTH

MomLittr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomLittr Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 10:18am
post #4 of 9

This may have been answered before, but can I use plain yogurt instead of sour cream and get the same result? I have leftover yogurt from another recipe and was hoping to use it.

deb

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 9:26pm
post #5 of 9

As the originator of the WASC recipe I know you can use it w/*any* cake flavoricon_smile.gif
Some people have posted they have sub'd yogurt for the sc but I never tried that.

kayla1505 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayla1505 Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 8:53pm
post #6 of 9

hmm can i use it with red velvet cake

cavette Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 5:04pm
post #7 of 9

Kakeladi.... I made your recipe WASC (I used a yellow cake) and It is Perfect! and It saved me $5.00 (I need a 12 round cake)! My new BBF! Thanks Now if I can find the perfect BC it would be super!!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 10:40pm
post #8 of 9

The perfect b'cfream? Have you tried SugarShacks?
Do you want a crusting or non crusting?
Are you a fan of butter? IMBC or SwissMBC? (I personally don't care for these).

I don't see why it couldn't be used w/red velvet (if you are using a box mix). Just b e sure to mix the dry ingredients *well* - a wisk works best.

cavette Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 11:57pm
post #9 of 9

I tried Sugarshack's Icing and I really liked it! It made enough icing for my cakes and then some! I don't really now where to find the Hi-Ratio Shortening......I really need to have it crust so I can smoothit better(I sick when it comes to that part of decorating) glad I do it for friends and family....they know I'm still trying to get some stuff down!

Thanks to everyone that is repying...every thing helps a great deal!!! icon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%