Cookie Ideas For Business Event?

Baking By keljo05 Updated 17 Sep 2008 , 9:23pm by keljo05

keljo05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keljo05 Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 7:41pm
post #1 of 11

Our office is participating in a huge marketing event. Estimated attendance is about 1200. The event is called "What Women Want" . I spoke to my boss about making iced cookies to hand out, but I don't know what to do as far as design. She was thinking of purple and green colors with our logo. OK.. sounds good in theory until you realize that our logo is:

CHC

no artwork of any kind.. just the letters. I know we'll have either a sticker or a card attached with our information, but i'd like the cookies to stand out a bit more. Our office catchphrase is "architects of health" - but I can't see writing that on every cookie.

do you think writing CHC on each cookie would be enough? We're chiropractors and I've yet to see a spine shaped cookie cutter, lol.

thanks icon_smile.gif

10 replies
chovest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chovest Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 8:04pm
post #2 of 11

If the event is "What women want," why not hand out a cookie that appeals to women (dress, shoe, purse)? You can then attach a business card to the packaging. Here is a picture of birth announcement/shower favor cookies I have made. The announcement part at the top is just printed out onto a business card and attached with double sided tape. Hope this helps.

Sorry, the picture doesn't seem to be showing up. If refreshing the page doesn't work, here is the link to the photo in my gallery.
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1235658
LL

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cyndi1207 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cyndi1207 Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 9:38pm
post #4 of 11

I think the scrubs idea is cute and in pink and purple to appeal to women and then have the logo in the front. I've done some cookies with scrubs and its really easy and quick.

keljo05 Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 9:57pm
post #5 of 11

chovest - the pic is great.. i think we'll package that way. then instead of tying ribbon after ribbon i can just staple, lol

Honey dukes - i LOVE the idea of the GB man with the royal icing spine! I think I can do that quickly, easily and adorably (is that a word?) with 3 different leaf tips. I'm going to try it tonight with some sugar cookie dough that needs to be baked!

Homemade-Goodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Homemade-Goodies Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 10:08pm
post #6 of 11

I loved these simple scrub tops, you could alternate white, green & purple, using the company name on each. http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1224309

Go luck to you - be sure to post the finished product, I'd love to see it!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Honeydukes Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 11:28pm
post #7 of 11

You know, now that I think of it, you could do regular sugar cookies and ice them with RI or (my fav) Toba's Glace' in peach and brown and then pipe the spine. They'd look like those spine pictures I linked. You can also tint your SC dough peach.

And yes, "adorably" is a word!! icon_lol.gif

keljo05 Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 11:31pm
post #8 of 11

another good idea HoneyDukes, lol

Scrubs are cute, but we don't wear scrubs and my boss can't stand them for some reason, lol. I know she'd get a bigger kick out of the spines. Maybe I'll try the sugar cookies with toba glaze tonight. Now if I could just convince my son to go to sleep early so I can play, lol

Honeydukes Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 11:40pm
post #9 of 11

I didn't realize chiropractors don't wear scrubs. I love the Dr.s and the scrub tops -- I'm just aching to make some! Maybe for my vet for Christmas.

Have fun and let us know how they turn out!

shhh.gif
*Everyone quietly sings*
Lullaby, and good night,
With pink roses bedight,
With lilies o'erspread,
Is my baby's sweet head.
Lay you down now, and rest,
May your slumber be blessed!
Lay you down now, and rest,
May thy slumber be blessed!

michellesArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellesArt Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 9:16pm
post #10 of 11

i just made 12 dozen cookies and if you're doing 1200 i would keep it simple...what about a circle alternate the colour choice with a few vines and flowers (you can cut out fondant quickly and it freezes well). just a thought-oh i forgot to leave room for the logo (my hand is still sore today and i only put "habitat for humanity" on half of them icon_smile.gif

keljo05 Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 9:23pm
post #11 of 11

simple is definintely a priority, lol.

i have to make more tomorrow, but i did a few test cookies monday night. the 'spine' with a leaf tip is very easy and quick. my royal icing was too thin so i didn't hold the look, so i need to check the consistency better next time. As soon as I get a finished cookie I'll post a pic icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%