Helppp!!!! With Frosting Sheet

Decorating By auntginn Updated 18 Sep 2008 , 7:45pm by auntginn

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 5:08pm
post #1 of 8

I have some frosting sheets from Lucks. I cannot seem to separate the frosting sheet from its backing> I normally use a different brand and do not have these problems. thumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gif

Can anyone help? I have tried running it against a counter edge, I have tried to freeze it for a moment, and I have tried to run a knife under the edge. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

The only thing is that it is doing is ripping or falling apart. I have tried several sheets and they are all doing the same thing?

Any and all suggestions will be appreciated.

TIA

7 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 6:37pm
post #2 of 8

Put them into the fzr for an hour or more. I kept mine in the frz all the time until I needed one.

jab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jab Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 8:11pm
post #3 of 8

I also read on the net try a hair dryer. I have had problems with seperation too. I went on the net and they suggest either the hair dryer or putting the sheets in the freezer. The last cake I made I had to do all 3 steps to finally get the sheet to come apart. Of course the humidity here was very high. Very frustrating. Good luck.

jab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jab Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 8:15pm
post #4 of 8

I also read on the net try a hair dryer. I have had problems with seperation too. I went on the net and they suggest either the hair dryer or putting the sheets in the freezer. The last cake I made I had to do all 3 steps to finally get the sheet to come apart. Of course the humidity here was very high. Very frustrating. Good luck.

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 12:11am
post #5 of 8

I had a horrible time a few days ago too. I did every trick online. Nothing worked. I finally rubbed furiously on the edge of the counter with the sheet in four different directions for about a minute and they literally fell off the page. I almost ruined a whole page of images and saved them this way.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 2:46pm
post #6 of 8

I just put mine in the freezer for 5-10 minutes and the image literally pops off the backing. However, when the sheets are old, you get all sorts of weird problems. I think your sheets are old.

Tona Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tona Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 3:37pm
post #7 of 8

The hair dryer works it will cause them to release from the backing and slip off.

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 7:45pm
post #8 of 8

I just want to say thank you and Please forgive me for not for not responding earlier. I did not get any messages saying I had a response to this topic and so I really thought no one had responded.

Although I did think it wierd because CC members are so great at helping out.

These were sheets from my friend who came over to get help because of the problem and between the two of us we could not ever get it to work. Sooo sad!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%