"it's Horrible"

Decorating By DeniseFL Updated 8 Sep 2008 , 1:30am by kakeladi

DeniseFL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseFL Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 8:36pm
post #1 of 14

Client called this morning and said: THAT'S HORRIBLE, I HATED IT"??
anyone had this experience before? the wedding cake in my gallery With the red ribbons ..
That's so disapointg, but I do believe in my talent and it's not this that's going to stop me..
She mentioned the decoration, which was SIMPLE but not HORRIBLE.. and for cheap clients, that the most you can get... icon_eek.gif

13 replies
sharon57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sharon57 Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 8:38pm
post #2 of 14

That cake looks great! I don't know what she is talking about but I wouldn't let it worry me. You have talent!

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 8:43pm
post #3 of 14

I think it's wonderful...very simple and elegant. A cake with a minimum of decoration like that really shows your skills.

She's probably just trying to get some sort of refund out of you.

jjkarm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjkarm Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 8:44pm
post #4 of 14

You are kidding?!!! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif I think your cake is very sophisticated and elegant looking. Don't worry about it, you just can't make some people happy.....no matter what you do.

DeniseFL Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 8:50pm
post #5 of 14

thank you guys..
she's not getting any refund, that's for sure...
and yeah, you can't make EVERYBODY happy... icon_smile.gif

CakeMakar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMakar Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 8:53pm
post #6 of 14

I think it was skillfully done! Not my personal style, but very well executed.

VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 8:53pm
post #7 of 14

i also like your cake and agree no refund, and as a side note your cake balls are very pretty, i've never seen them actually decorated before, i just dip mine in chocolate and gobble them up icon_biggrin.gif

DeniseFL Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 9:07pm
post #8 of 14

Thank you, vanna1487..the cake balls were made for my daughter's b-day so I decorated them to match with the cake that had little drop flowers around...

Homemade-Goodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Homemade-Goodies Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 9:47pm
post #9 of 14

I would agree with CakeMakar, not my personal taste, but I really think it is beautifully done - very classic looking.

It is surprising that she didn't know how it would look like - is it really coming from left field for her? I run design by all customers, as well I made sure to agree to design as a consumer. Irresponsible of her, actually, if that is the case.

She may not have liked how the finished product appeared, but I bet it was completely eaten! Consider a discount coupon for future purchase, to 'make nice'...but certainly no refund.

Good luck to you! icon_biggrin.gif

4Gifts4Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4Gifts4Lisa Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 10:33pm
post #10 of 14

She's an idiot. The cake is gorgeous.

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 11:06pm
post #11 of 14

Did she know what the cake was supposed to look like? Give you a picture of what she wanted? I think it looks fine! Very pretty!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 12:14am
post #12 of 14

It's a beautiful cake.... agree with jjkarm, it's very sophisticated and elegant looking. Do you have any idea what she was expecting and why she may have thought "horrible"? Sometimes brides have this grandiose vision of this towering wedding cake ... and when they walk in and face the reality of a little 3-tier stacked cake, that doesn't match up to their imaginary vision .......?

Other than that, she's fulla crap! icon_rolleyes.gif

jackmo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jackmo Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 1:18am
post #13 of 14

Was the cake eaten? Sounds like to me that she is trying to find fault so she can get a refund. The cake is beautiful to me. Did you ask her what was so horrible about it? Some people is so hard to please, their "cheapness becomes them" So they try to find fault so they can get a refund.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 1:30am
post #14 of 14

Like the others said, what was the request? What design did you two work out? How close to what was asked for did this simple, elegant design come? What you did was very well done.
Yep, you can't please everyone........so sorry it happened to you but you did a very nice cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%