5 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 12:06am
post #2 of 6

Make leaves, butterflies . . .

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 12:11am
post #3 of 6

Yes, they make great autumn leaves and b'flies, especially if you have an airbrush.
You can also make some flowers out of it. Marsha Winbeckler has a book out on that. There are one or two other books that touch on it also but I can't remember which ones anymore.

fondantgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantgrl Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 12:20am
post #4 of 6

You can also make this : I made this last year. My very first feather cake and I have room for improvement.. The easiest way to decorate a cake.
LL

tarheel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheel Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 1:35am
post #5 of 6

What is wafer paper and where do you get it?

Also, does anyone know what rice paper is and where you get it? I have a cookie recipe and it says to put the cookies on rice paper and then bake...do you peel it off or it is something you eat. I'm completely ignorant about it.

Thanks!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 3:46am
post #6 of 6

Wafer and rice paper are one & the same.....
many yrs ago it was made from rice....hence the name but since then the formula has changed and now it is properly called wafer paper.
It is basically the same thing as the host used in catholic church for communion.
It is a paper that melts in your mouth....in fact *any* amount of liquid will melt it -- as little as drawing on it w/a felt-tiped (non-toxic of course!) pen.
The rice paper your recipe referes to is different. It is non-edible.....more like parchment paper.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%