Pastrypride Experts Help Needed

Decorating By notjustcake Updated 7 Sep 2008 , 12:55pm by notjustcake

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 11:45am
post #1 of 4

so I'm making this wedding cake & the bride wants strawberries & cream,so I was planning on using Pastry pride, but I just finished reading some old threads & read that that PP will turn mushy if left at room temperature for too long. My cake will be chilled over night & then drive 2.5 hours to a location & stack there. Is this filling even safe to use as filling. It will sit during the reception until is cut. I'm kinda freaking out now cause the wedding is in 3 weeks.

Thanks

3 replies
notjustcake Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 3:43am
post #2 of 4

I'm hoping someone reads this tomorrow maybe someone can help me.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 6:54pm
post #3 of 4

.......read that that PP will turn mushy if left at room temperature for too long. My cake will be chilled over night & then drive 2.5 hours to a location & stack there.... It will sit during the reception until is cut. I'm kinda freaking out now cause the wedding is in 3 weeks.

Make very sure the berries are well dried or the juice will make the combination very liquidy and soak into the cake.
As far as the time element yes, it will be safe.
Since you have several weeks until the wedding I suggest you make up a 'practice' cake - allowing it to sit at room temp for 4-5 hrs (overnight?) to see how it fairs.

notjustcake Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 12:55pm
post #4 of 4

well I plan to arrive and refrigerate the cakes for a little before I stack.
I hope this helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%