Add Wc To Imbc Help

Decorating By LeanneW Updated 7 Sep 2008 , 4:37am by LeanneW

LeanneW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeanneW Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 9:06pm
post #1 of 5

Sorry for the silly question.

I would like to make white chocolate IMBC. I love IMBC so I don't want to try a different recipe. this is what I have been doing...

I make the IMBC as usual then melt some white choc, let it cool and add to the IMBC and mix. I find that when I do this I get little bits of WC in the frosting, why is this? It isn't from unmelted WC, I always thouroughly melt the choc.

I thought maybe I let the WC cool too much or maybe that the IMBC was cooler that the WC so I tried adding the WC while it was a bit warmer and the same thing happened. It was so bad once that I had to push the frosting through a fine mesh to get out as many bits as I could.

It tastes fine but you can see the bits when I smooth the frosting and I would like to color it blue and don't want to have little white bits in the blue frosting.

What am I doing wrong?

I am adding about 1 oz WC to 1 cup of IMBC.

Any advice would be so appreciated.

4 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 10:43pm
post #2 of 5

the icing is too cool, and the chocolate is too warm.

You can try adding a small amount to your very cooled chocolate, then blending them together.

LeanneW Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 4:13pm
post #3 of 5

thank you JoAnn, so I add some BC to the WC and then add that mixture to the rest of the BC?

thank you so much. I hope this works, I kind of thought it had something to do with temperature.

jules1719 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules1719 Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 8:45pm
post #4 of 5

For an IMBC using 5 whites (250g) I add about 8 oz. top quality white chocolate. I never let the chocolate cool, in fact I like it to be warm when added to the IMBC. You needn't let it cool off. If the WC, or any other chocolate, is too cool, it will harden against the metal bowl and flake off into the buttercream... those are the bits you are speaking of.

LeanneW Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 4:37am
post #5 of 5

so, this is what I did...

I melted the WC and let it cool a bit, it wasn't hot but it was warmer than the IMBC.

I scooped some IMBC into the WC and mixed it together and added that to the IMBC.

It worked so well! no little bits at all.

thank you for the great advice.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%