Does Anyone Have The Wilton How To Make Icing Flowers Dvd?

Decorating By smc_paralegal Updated 31 Aug 2008 , 1:06am by stacyyarger

smc_paralegal Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 6:21pm
post #1 of 6

I am thinking about buying this DVD because I felt lost in my Wilton 3 class. Our class had a lot of people and I didn't really get the hang of the flowers. Does anyone have an opinion of this DVD and what flowers does it teach you to make.

5 replies
SeriousCakes Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 3:33am
post #2 of 6

Which flowers are you having trouble with? I have a few videos showing how to pipe different kinds of flowers that might help:
roses:

nissi01 Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 4:59pm
post #3 of 6

I was also wondering the same thing about this video after purchasing the Cake Basics DVD from Wilton. I need the Practice. I cant remember any of the flowers from Course 2.

nissi01 Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 5:01pm
post #4 of 6

I was also wondering the same thing about this video after purchasing the Cake Basics DVD from Wilton and was very disappointed with my purchase. I need the Practice for my flowers. I cant remember any of the flowers from Course 2.

Rhonda19 Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 5:24pm
post #5 of 6

I have this video/dvd. It's pretty good. It starts out making the drop flowers, goes on to the flowers made on a flower nail, then goes on to the ones such as a lily.

I haven't looked at it in some time, so I can't remember all the flowers you learn to make. But, some of them are Easter lilies, poinsettia's, pansies, daffodil's.... Then it shows you how they will look on a cake.

I liked it simply because I am mostly self taught, and I could stop it and back up. What I didn't like about it is... if you mess up and can't get the hang of it....there is no one to answer your questions.

stacyyarger Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 1:06am
post #6 of 6

I have the DVD and it is Great!! I taught myself how to do cakes and I'm not great at them yet but I'm proud of what I can do now and that I have done it on my own.

Hope this helps,
stacy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%