Does Anyone Have The Wilton How To Make Icing Flowers Dvd?

Decorating By smc_paralegal Updated 31 Aug 2008 , 1:06am by stacyyarger

smc_paralegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smc_paralegal Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 6:21pm
post #1 of 6

I am thinking about buying this DVD because I felt lost in my Wilton 3 class. Our class had a lot of people and I didn't really get the hang of the flowers. Does anyone have an opinion of this DVD and what flowers does it teach you to make.

5 replies
SeriousCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SeriousCakes Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 3:33am
post #2 of 6

Which flowers are you having trouble with? I have a few videos showing how to pipe different kinds of flowers that might help:
roses:

nissi01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nissi01 Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 4:59pm
post #3 of 6

I was also wondering the same thing about this video after purchasing the Cake Basics DVD from Wilton. I need the Practice. I cant remember any of the flowers from Course 2.

nissi01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nissi01 Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 5:01pm
post #4 of 6

I was also wondering the same thing about this video after purchasing the Cake Basics DVD from Wilton and was very disappointed with my purchase. I need the Practice for my flowers. I cant remember any of the flowers from Course 2.

Rhonda19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rhonda19 Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 5:24pm
post #5 of 6

I have this video/dvd. It's pretty good. It starts out making the drop flowers, goes on to the flowers made on a flower nail, then goes on to the ones such as a lily.

I haven't looked at it in some time, so I can't remember all the flowers you learn to make. But, some of them are Easter lilies, poinsettia's, pansies, daffodil's.... Then it shows you how they will look on a cake.

I liked it simply because I am mostly self taught, and I could stop it and back up. What I didn't like about it is... if you mess up and can't get the hang of it....there is no one to answer your questions.

stacyyarger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stacyyarger Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 1:06am
post #6 of 6

I have the DVD and it is Great!! I taught myself how to do cakes and I'm not great at them yet but I'm proud of what I can do now and that I have done it on my own.

Hope this helps,
stacy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%