Help Make Snoopy Look Happier?

Decorating By sweetness11379 Updated 29 Aug 2008 , 2:42am by ssunshine564

sweetness11379 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetness11379 Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 5:25pm
post #1 of 11

I'm hoping the pictures will attach properly. I've got this groom's cake for Saturday and the bride is more anxious about this then the wedding cake. I'm NOT happy with how snoopy has turned out so far and aside from his body shape being all wrong I didn't get the look on his face right. Any suggestions to make him look happier/ more Snoopy-like? I think I should scale his nose down some and maybe redo the mouth with more twist and curve. They eyes... the shape of the head... I hate it all! icon_sad.gif

Am I panicked and its really ok or should I scrap it and start over? I DO like his shoes... lol

sorry so long
LL

10 replies
lorrieg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorrieg Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 5:29pm
post #2 of 11

He`s wonderful! Well done and I think he looks happy. You could extend the corners of the smile up a bit but he`s perfect. What a cutie!

beth2027 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beth2027 Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 5:35pm
post #3 of 11

I think he's adorable! I love Peanuts! icon_smile.gif So I can say, from a fan's point of view, that you did a great job.

sweetideas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetideas Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 5:42pm
post #4 of 11

I think he's gorgeous! What a great job! But if you want a critique
the only thing I would maybe see (and my talent is nill, so take this with a grain of salt) that you might be able to make his tummy part more conical if I spelled that correct and maybe round up the part of his nose between the tip and the mouth on the bottom. But honestly, he's so great, I wouldn't touch him. I think she'll be pleased. As for happy, when Snoopy's REALLY happy, I think his eyes are usually shown closed and the does the happy dance so I have no idea how you would create that in cake! I think he looks happy, cheerful and perfect!

jjkarm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjkarm Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 5:53pm
post #5 of 11

I think he turned out very terrific! Snoopy naturally just gives you a warm fuzzy feeling. One way you can change the mood on a face is to add or change the eyebrows. They're what really gives the face it's expression. If you added a small high arch eyebrow to Snoopy, it should make him look more upbeat and happy. Great job! thumbs_up.gif

lilahcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilahcakes Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 8:28pm
post #6 of 11

I think he is cute!! I love snoopy!! He has his own website
http://www.snoopy.com
You cant see his mouth very often, but lots of times when he smiles he shows his teeth.

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 12:43am
post #7 of 11

I think he's cute but I think what looks different is his eyes. I think they're the wrong shape. Maybe try the straight circles or the curves when his eyes are closed.

He is totally recognizable though and I think he's very cute.

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 1:01am
post #8 of 11

Maybe rounder eyes like the cartoon and some really high eyebrows?

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 1:21am
post #9 of 11

He does look fantastic! But his muzzle looks a little too narrow to me. Not that I would've picked that up had you just posted your picture... icon_lol.gif Just trying to figure out maybe what you're seeint that you aren't happy with.... icon_lol.gif

sweetness11379 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetness11379 Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 2:21am
post #10 of 11

Thank you SOOOOOO much for all your words of encouragement. I emailed the bride a preview as she requested and she hasn't responded yet but I feel better knowing that other Snoopy fans think he looks pretty good so far. I'll try and adjust his face a bit. I don't know if there's time to change his overall body and that was one thing I noticed this afternoon looking at him again. His body needed to be more of a teardrop shape then... manly lol. I appreciate you all so much and I'll be sure to post the final cake when its all done this weekend! icon_smile.gif

ssunshine564 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ssunshine564 Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 2:42am
post #11 of 11

I think he looks fantastic!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%