I Need Help Asap About Refrigerating Cakes!!!!!

Decorating By wildmayflower Updated 11 Sep 2008 , 4:46am by dianasweetcake

wildmayflower Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wildmayflower Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 12:25am
post #1 of 7

It's Tuesday evening and I am doing my first BC cake with Fondant accents.... I have already made a milk chocolate cake... I'm making a oreo truffle filling... It has cream cheese... I will be decorating it friday and it will be for saturday afteroon with a chocolate BC and fondant accents... I have never made a cake with any other filling besides BC and i have never done fondant accents... So I have 2 questions.

1. Should I put the cake in the refrigerator?

2. If I put it in there will anything happen to the cakes decor?

I hope someone can help me... thanks so much...

Lisa

6 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 4:44am
post #2 of 7

Tuesday to Saturday is a long time. Yes, I believe it should be refrigerated.

Add the accents at the last minute. When you remove the cake from the fridge there can be condensation. Allow it to dry, before placing the fondant accents, if you can.

wildmayflower Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wildmayflower Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 4:49am
post #3 of 7

Oh no... Im not doing it today... I was just stating it was tuesday... Has nothing to do with it... I will be doing it friday afternoon... and i have to finish it that day... I wont have time to put on accents the day of... I just wasnt sure if less than 24 hours to long to keep cream cheease mixture out...

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 4:52am
post #4 of 7

I have refrigerated Satin ice and it comes out well, but if it's wilton, don't even try it, it gets really gooey.

Kahuna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kahuna Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 1:16pm
post #5 of 7

Do not refridgerate the wilton fondant. I had to make a paint can, so it was white with red lettering and it was bleeding all over the place, next time will just use royal what a freaking mess. but it does sound like the filling needs to stay refrigerated.

shellzey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shellzey Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 1:26pm
post #6 of 7

i've refrigerated MMF and had no problems

dianasweetcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dianasweetcake Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 4:46am
post #7 of 7

I too have refrigerated fondant, satin ice, and had no problem. I would definitely refrigerate if your filling has cream cheese.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%