I Can Never Make Fluffy Cakes! *sobs*

Decorating By AKA_cupcakeshoppe Updated 24 Oct 2008 , 3:13pm by AKA_cupcakeshoppe

darcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darcat Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 7:24pm
post #31 of 37

Before you waste any more energy or ingredients just have your oven tested or buy a thermometer. If the heat in your oven is the problem then you'll have solved your own mystery lol. This seems to be the most likely culprit since you have tried everything else. JMHO

bananabread Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bananabread Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 4:37am
post #32 of 37

mAYBE THE RECIPE YOUR ARE USING IS NOT THE RIGHT ONE. ADDING EGG WHITES WHIPPED ADS MORE AIR TO YOUR MIX.

THE RECIPE i USE IS THE POUN CAKE

1 POUND MARGARINE
2 CUPS SUGAR
9 EGGS SEPARATED
4 CUPS OF SIFTED FLOUR FIRST THEN MEASURED
1 CUP OF MILK
1 TABLESPOON OF BAKING POUDER
1 TABLESPOON VANILLA EXTRACT

PUT YOUR BUTTER OF MARGARINE WITH SUGAR AT THE SAME TIME, ALL THE PRODUCTS HAVE TO BE ROOM TEMPERATURE. YOU CAN ADD ONE WHOLE EGG TO THE BUTTER MIXTURE AND WILL HELP YOU BEAT FASTER.
YOU CAN SUBSTITUTE 1/2 CUP FLOUR FOR CORNSTARCH THAT WILL GIVE MOINSTENESS.
kEEP YOUR OVEN TEMPERATURE THE SAME ALL THE TIME YOUR ARE BAKING GOOD LUCK.

bananabread Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bananabread Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 4:48am
post #33 of 37

mAYBE THE RECIPE YOUR ARE USING IS NOT THE RIGHT ONE. ADDING EGG WHITES WHIPPED ADS MORE AIR TO YOUR MIX.

THE RECIPE i USE IS THE POUN CAKE

1 POUND MARGARINE
2 CUPS SUGAR
9 EGGS SEPARATED
4 CUPS OF SIFTED FLOUR FIRST THEN MEASURED
1 CUP OF MILK
1 TABLESPOON OF BAKING POUDER
1 TABLESPOON VANILLA EXTRACT

PUT YOUR BUTTER OF MARGARINE WITH SUGAR AT THE SAME TIME, ALL THE PRODUCTS HAVE TO BE ROOM TEMPERATURE. YOU CAN ADD ONE WHOLE EGG TO THE BUTTER MIXTURE AND WILL HELP YOU BEAT FASTER.
YOU CAN SUBSTITUTE 1/2 CUP FLOUR FOR CORNSTARCH THAT WILL GIVE MOINSTENESS.
kEEP YOUR OVEN TEMPERATURE THE SAME ALL THE TIME YOUR ARE BAKING GOOD LUCK.

sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 5:41am
post #34 of 37

this is a really strange thing, your cakes not rising. Other than your oven or pans, the only thing I can think of are your recipes. Cupcakes dont bake too differently than cakes, so you should be able to use the same recipes, but maybe not. I make all my own cake recipes. I start with Paula Dean's 1234 method and then change things from there. I never end up with anything close to the 1234 method, but its a great starting point because it's guaranteed to rise and be a cake.
1- cup of butter and 1 cup milk (or other liquid, depending on your cake flavor)
2 -cups of sugar
3 - cups of self-rising flour
4 - eggs

This is a really good starting point, flavor as you wish. I hope this helps.

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 5:33pm
post #35 of 37

I have tried that recipe, i didn't like it, although my family did, they actually raved about it but me, not so much. i made it into cupcakes though.

RL is kinda too busy right now but once i have the time I will definitely try the tips you have shared with me. you guys are awesome. i really wanna solve this mystery.

maimai16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maimai16 Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 4:16am
post #36 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovibabe

You can try separating your eggs and beating the whites until they are stiff and then folding them gently into the batter at the end of the mixing process to make a scratch cake lighter in texture and give more depth (add your yolks at the normal stage). You can also try using cake flour instead of all-purpose, and margarine instead of butter - both these give a softer, lighter cake. HTH!

i am using hersheys perfectly chocolate chocolate cake recipe that i found on line... its batter is thin and oil based, it uses vegetable oil. does this 'separating eggs technique' can be used on this recipe? i'm in search of fluffy cake recipe and i'd be happy to know if this would work on hersheys recipe icon_biggrin.gif

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 3:13pm
post #37 of 37

hey guys, sorry to bump this thread. but.... i bought new pans and... my cakes are FLUFFY! yay!!!!

I preheated my oven at 400 then baked the cakes at less than the 338, I have to move the gas thingy slowly so the flame doesn't die out LOL but yeah. My cakes are fluffy, not as dense and gummy, perfect crumb and they rose pretty well. I will have to try using the baking strips too with the new pans.

Thanks everyone!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%