Do You Use Parchment Or Wax Paper

Decorating By joy5678 Updated 22 Aug 2008 , 6:36am by Cake_Princess

joy5678 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joy5678 Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 3:14am
post #1 of 4

Just did a buttercream transfer and had a hard time removing the wax paper even though it was frozen?? While trying to remove it, I was holding my breath & finally got it off with just alittle damage. Does parchment paper make removal any easier?? If you have any input on which you use or how to make it easier to seperate from the paper---please let me know. Don't want to go thru that again--no time to make another one! icon_surprised.gif

3 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 3:56am
post #2 of 4

This is gonna be one of those things you are gonna get various answers. 99% of the time I have used wax paper and the only time I have had problems was when I did the transfer too thin or I had smaller sections that stuck out from the main part.

I tried it once on plastic wrap and had problems with the outlines moving around on me. But you will find others that swear by it or parchment paper or wax paper.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 4:07am
post #3 of 4

I like acetate best--less wrinkling that either parchment or wax paper. No acetate, then parchment.

Rae

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 6:36am
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by joy5678

Just did a buttercream transfer and had a hard time removing the wax paper even though it was frozen?? While trying to remove it, I was holding my breath & finally got it off with just alittle damage. Does parchment paper make removal any easier?? If you have any input on which you use or how to make it easier to seperate from the paper---please let me know. Don't want to go thru that again--no time to make another one! icon_surprised.gif

I used a good quality wax paper and I never have any issues. I also freeze my buttercream transfer overnight before peeling back the paper.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%