Retiring From Dss

Decorating By lardbutt Updated 22 Aug 2008 , 12:11am by Tona

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 4:07pm
post #1 of 5

I need some ideas for a sheet cake. It is for a man who is retiring form Adult Protective Services.

Any ideas? I'm clueless!

TIA, Sherri

4 replies
sadiepix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadiepix Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 7:40pm
post #2 of 5

I don't even know quite how it could be done...but somehow show a ring/line of people holding hands, or the pair outstretched hands with a heart above them that says something meaningful?

Make it look like a pile of paperwork or file folders with 'closed' or something similar 'stamped' on top....

A large pen or other office supply?

Something involving a pair of worn out shoes to represent the never-ending and tireless work of DSS workers?

That is a hard one! I am sure they want a cake that is a nice thank you and representation of the good he did, rather than just a logo etc...I am at a loss too!

Good luck! icon_smile.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 9:19pm
post #3 of 5

Can you focus on what he plans to do when he retires? Like gardening, travel (a RV or plane); play w/grandkids (old man w/kid on back)....
Then maybe incorporate the hands w/heart - I like that suggestion.

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 11:56pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks ladies that gives me something to think about. I will have to find out what his plans to do when he retires!

I kinda like the idea of folders/files piled on top of each other with "closed" on them too.

I'm just not sure how to do this with a sheet cake! Grrr!

Thanks, MessyBaker

Tona Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tona Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 12:11am
post #5 of 5

You could have folders and files on top of a desk this would really be cute with retired on the desk.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%