Ribbon Border...

Decorating By yellobutterfly Updated 12 Aug 2008 , 8:43pm by sweettoothmom

yellobutterfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yellobutterfly Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 8:37pm
post #1 of 6

How do I get real ribbon to stick to the bottom of a buttercream-iced cake?

5 replies
hammer1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hammer1 Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 8:49pm
post #2 of 6

I asked this question last week, and I was told double stick tape after the icing crusts. I did this and it worked great. I even frozen the cake and thawed it and the ribbon was fine. good luck.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 9:01pm
post #3 of 6

I just use a dot of BC icing to glue the two ends together at the back of the cake.

yellobutterfly Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 8:35pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer1

I asked this question last week, and I was told double stick tape after the icing crusts. I did this and it worked great. I even frozen the cake and thawed it and the ribbon was fine. good luck.

Does anyone know if this is foodsafe?

yellobutterfly Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 8:36pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

I just use a dot of BC icing to glue the two ends together at the back of the cake.

and it holds well? thanks!

sweettoothmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettoothmom Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 8:43pm
post #6 of 6

When I use a ribbon I take the ribbon and position it so that I am happy with where it is, happy with the placement of the ends etc... Then when I am happy with it I fold the ends under so you cant see them and then I pin it in place with a pearl straight pin or flower/corsage pin. I then warn them it is not edible and the pin and the ribbon need to be removed before serving. There are so many pretty pins you could use too. There are hat pins that you can use as well. All sterilized of course.
I use it primarily on fondant but I assume on crusting buttercream I cant see why it would not hold.
I dont think i would use double stick tape myself too afraid of the yuck factor.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%