This Isn't Urgent But I Need Assistance...

Decorating By SweetPea0613 Updated 10 Aug 2008 , 10:53pm by SweetPea0613

SweetPea0613 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetPea0613 Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 1:17am
post #1 of 7

So I've been making cakes for class and for DH's work and stuff and I'll just bring them home for my bro or my mom to eat.

So my DH's family wanted to know when they were getting a cake as well. Well, I don't have to make a cake for another three weeks for class but I wanted to make a cake to show off my newly found skills.

My question is...what the heck do I make for them???? I don't mind making one for them I just have no imagination right now and i can't figure out how I should decorate it.

If anyone can give me ideas it would be awesome....if not, I'll think of something detective.gif

6 replies
foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 1:21am
post #2 of 7

Check the "other cakes" section... That's where I look for inspiration for "just because" cakes!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 1:28am
post #3 of 7

Is there a technique you have been wanting to try? Look at all the cakes on here. Take something off one or two of them to comb ine into one great creation of your own icon_smile.gif

jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 1:30am
post #4 of 7

How about fondant circle cutouts in different sizes with a bow on top to match and tip #10 balls around the base.

Jibbies

aztomcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aztomcat Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 5:56am
post #5 of 7

If you've never worked with edible transfers, maybe you could make photo transfers with pictures of DH's family and then create a cake incorporating them.

You get to try a new technique and they'll all want to eat their own faces.
icon_biggrin.gif Dee in AZ

varika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
varika Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 6:05am
post #6 of 7

YOu might also try to incorporate the things you need the most practice on. Like roses, maybe, or dots. (I have trouble with dots, as odd as it may sound.) Writing is always a good thing to practice, too!

SweetPea0613 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetPea0613 Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 10:53pm
post #7 of 7

Thank you all for the suggestions!! icon_biggrin.gif I'll probably do their cake next week. It should be fun!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%