Grad Party - Need Some Help On Ideas

Decorating By angelcakes5 Updated 3 Aug 2008 , 4:27am by hammer1

angelcakes5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelcakes5 Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 12:36am
post #1 of 3

I was asked by a co workers wife/kinda friend to make desserts for her daughters grad party. Her daughter wanted to go to Walmart and get the cake with her pictures on it, ok yuck because she could get it for $30. Well she wants me to make other desserts. Does anyone have any ideas? I just spoke to my mom and she suggested my brownie cups I make, maybe lemon squares, butterscotch cookie bars. I am also making a large eclair cake - cream puff with pudding and whipped cream. Anyone have any other ideas? I am almost tempted to say I will make the darn sheet cake for $30 so that there will be good cake. I dont know why she wants to get a cheap cake because I made her husbands 50th bday cake and desserts and I gave her a great deal and she gave me a $25 tip. I know there will be alot of potential orders and I know some couples that will be there that have had my cake and raved, so this might be a little more of a push. I was thinking of doing the cake for that price and say my time will be toward the gift. We have been invited to the party.

2 replies
hammer1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hammer1 Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 4:25am
post #2 of 3

wow! is she paying you to do the other dessert? Do you need the business or is this a hobby? I have gotten tired of giving friends a "great deal" I have decided if they want to go to Walmart and get a copy cat, gross cake, let them. Sorry if it sounds bad. Hope you make a decision that benefits you.. I too have done a lot of free "gift" work.

hammer1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hammer1 Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 4:27am
post #3 of 3

wow! is she paying you to do the other dessert? Do you need the business or is this a hobby? I have gotten tired of giving friends a "great deal" I have decided if they want to go to Walmart and get a copy cat, gross cake, let them. Sorry if it sounds bad. Hope you make a decision that benefits you.. I too have done a lot of free "gift" work.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%