Whipped Cream Topping

Decorating By Rosie932 Updated 23 Jul 2008 , 8:15pm by edith123

Rosie932 Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 7:15pm
post #1 of 7

Why does whipped cream sometimes get watery? I'd love to do a whip cream topping but I'm afraid it will turn watery. Any ideas? By the way, I kind of need an answer right away cause I'm doing it tonight. Thanks

6 replies
Lorendabug Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 7:23pm
post #2 of 7

I use a product called pastry pride. It has built in stabilizers. I get it a Smart and Final.

ColeAlayne Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 7:43pm
post #3 of 7

I sometimes make buttercream using heavy whipping cream in place of milk. It never gets watery and is a lighter option.

mariela_ms Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 7:44pm
post #4 of 7

I love the taste and feel of Pastry pride! When I want to make whipped cream cheese frosting, I just whip up my Pastry pride, and I whip up cream cheese on a separate bowl once it has been softened. Then I just fold it in with the pastry pride and it's delicious!!!

My family loves it! HOpe you can find Pastry Pride in your area!!

norma20 Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 7:46pm
post #5 of 7

Go to "How do I?" page, scroll down and you'll find a tread about "Whip Cream Frosting".

milissasmom Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 8:00pm
post #6 of 7

Really?? Strange...I have never ever had my whipped cream frosting get watery EVER and I have used the same recipe for years. I dont know. I guess you can try Pastry Pride ( have never used it). I will PM you my whipped cream recipe (regular and stabilized versions). They are BOTH awesome! Good luck

edith123 Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 8:15pm
post #7 of 7

milissasmom would you mind sharing your recipe with me too? Maybe if you don't mind you can pm me too.
thankyou! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%