"the Nerve..."

Decorating By TheCakeShak Updated 25 Jul 2008 , 3:04pm by ccr03

mcelromi1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcelromi1 Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 7:20pm
post #31 of 42

I've heard of a 'Friends & Family Discount', but not a 'Friends of Friends Discount'.

I'd kindly ask you friend to stop going around and telling people how much you charged her for her cake. And inform her that you gave her the discount as a favor and that that is not your regular price.

Edit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Edit Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 7:21pm
post #32 of 42

I seriously doubt though that the daughter didn't tell Mom. Hey Mom, I'm getting married in 3 days, I've invited 250 (or more) people and I don't have the money to pay for my cake either. I agree with PP, on such a short notice, it would be the immediate family and a small cake.

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 7:28pm
post #33 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by chutzpah

What a butt.

I hope she chokes on that Wal-Mart cake, 'cause that's all she's gonna be able to get with that short notice.....

YOu know, I am not even sure thats enough notice for Wal-mart!!!

loriemoms Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 7:42pm
post #34 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edit

I seriously doubt though that the daughter didn't tell Mom. Hey Mom, I'm getting married in 3 days, I've invited 250 (or more) people and I don't have the money to pay for my cake either. I agree with PP, on such a short notice, it would be the immediate family and a small cake.

I agree! I bet she did piss off the other bakery and now she is scrambling! Or maybe they decided they couldn't afford the other cake and now is looking for a cheaper one!!!

I agree, congrats on sticking to your guns!!!

Etchlain09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Etchlain09 Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 3:17am
post #35 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denae

Quote:
Originally Posted by chutzpah

What a butt.

I hope she chokes on that Wal-Mart cake,

that is not very nice!!!

Not very nice, but pretty funny... icon_lol.gif

TheCakeShak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakeShak Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 12:38am
post #36 of 42

Well, ok now,,, I just finished talking to the lady of whom I did her wedding cake for... And she just finished telling me the "real scoop"... Ladies... hold on to your cake spatulas!!! Your prob going to be saying..... "Are you kidding me?"
icon_cool.gif

ok....so I am told this.... yes, she did recommend me to her friend, but she said, she told her that since "her" wedding cake she had ordered was small and she gave a two week window "and" she wasn't a demanding person and she knew how good my cakes tasted and the simplicity of my cake designs that, "that" was what she wanted for her own wedding cake. But she said she did not tell her in any way that I would give her a discount, she said this nut found out about the discount because she overheard the "moms" talking about it. She also said, this lady is extremely "picky" about everything and always tries to get something for FREE!! I guess she thought that we put cakes into ovens and POOF!! they come out fully deocrated!! "If they only knew"................I guess that's why my crystal ball is constantly in the dishwasher from all the icing I sling on the cakes..
Now, for the real scoop, this nut,, had called 2 other cake decorators and they told her,, "no way", it was too short of notice and if she wanted a wedding cake done that bad, that she would have to pay out the wa-too-sie......
So, she figured I was a push over etc... AND, and..... that the daughter did come and tell momma that she was getting married in a extreme short time because there was going to be a small package arriving in 7 mos.. icon_surprised.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

loriemoms Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 12:42am
post #37 of 42

ah!! Well that explains al ot. Sounds like you were VERY smart to not get stuckwith woman! Can you image???!

YOu should call her and tell her that 7 months notice is fine for a baby shower cake, GRANDMA.

jennym0904 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennym0904 Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 1:09am
post #38 of 42

you guys are bad!!! icon_smile.gif

Etchlain09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Etchlain09 Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 2:24am
post #39 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by loriemoms

ah!! Well that explains al ot. Sounds like you were VERY smart to not get stuckwith woman! Can you image???!

YOu should call her and tell her that 7 months notice is fine for a baby shower cake, GRANDMA.

OMG!!!!! I would pay cash for you to call and tell her that!!!!!! icon_lol.gif

loriemoms Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 10:26am
post #40 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by etchlain

Quote:
Originally Posted by loriemoms

OMG!!!!! I would pay cash for you to call and tell her that!!!!!! icon_lol.gif

hehehe.

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 2:44pm
post #41 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmalade1687

Hey, if Disney can do it, why can't we??!

Disney even has their very own Mickey shaped clouds.

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 3:04pm
post #42 of 42

This iso reminds me to two inquiries:

This lady called me 3 days before her daughter's quinceanera wanting a cake for 300 ppl. Told her the price and added a rush fee. Didn't call me back and then I saw her at the Sam's bakery counter FRIDAY NIGHT.

The other one is one I am CURRENTLY going through! The wedding is next week and I haven't received ANYTHING from her! called her, sent emails and NOTHING! If by some miracle I find a check/money order in the mail today, then I'll do it, ,otherwise, it's going to be a nice three-day weekend!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%