Vent: Airbrush City

Decorating By Cakepro Updated 9 Jul 2008 , 6:20pm by Cakepro

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 4:13pm
post #1 of 4

ARGH I am so pissed off right now!!

I took an airbrushing class from Bronwen Weber on June 29th, and liked the airbrush I used in her class so much I ordered the same one, model GD100 from Airbrush City. I paid on June 30th and spoke with the company, who told me the airbrush was in stock and it would ship out on July 1st. I've been stalking my mailman like crazy, and when he didn't bring me a package today, I decided to call. The same woman I spoke with told me that she was just creating the shipping labels today for the order to go out tomorrow. WHAT? Oh yeah, she said, "they sent us the wrong airbrushes." Well, what about when I called you and you TOLD me they were in stock and would ship the next day? "Oh, well, I am creating the labels now and you should receive it on Monday."

DAMMIT I hate when people lie to me. Either she lied when she said they were in stock, or she lied today, making up an excuse for not shipping the damn thing.

I should have gone with KopyKake.

Anyone else done business with them?

Sherri

3 replies
LeanneW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeanneW Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 4:29pm
post #2 of 4

I'm sorry you had a bad experience.

I recently ordered from them ad got it much faster than I expected. It was also on a super duper sale so I got a great price and free shipping.

only one problem... I bought a can of badger compressed air instead of a compressor and I can't use it until i figure out how to attach the airbrush hose to the can. I bought the badger regulator for the top of the can and that still doesn't work.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 6:02pm
post #3 of 4

did you notice the link to the page about how they are selling their home and business due to illness.

so sad.

-----

and the lady's defense -- yes, it IS possible her computer showed in stock and the actual stock was wrong. It happens to the best of stores.

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 6:20pm
post #4 of 4

I busted her for lying to me on the phone. It was not a computer error.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%