Got My New Jennifermi's Dvds!! Yeah Baby!!!

Decorating By bobwonderbuns Updated 21 Oct 2008 , 1:02pm by JenniferMI

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 12:29am
post #61 of 77

I got the Perfect Fondant one and it was worth the money for the recipe alone.. I made it using Michele Foster's fondant and it came out amazing. I can't wait to really use it. It tastes great!!

I will be getting the Fondant Frills DVD too. Thanks Jen for sharing your secrets with us!

lorrieg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorrieg Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 12:30am
post #62 of 77

icon_lol.gif[/quote]icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Yep, been there, done that! icon_wink.gif[/quote]

It's Jen's fault. mwahahahahaha! That Merkens is really good. I never heard of it until she started dealing it. I mean dealing in it. icon_eek.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 12:31am
post #63 of 77

jkalman, you will LOVE her fondant frills DVD. She has the coolest tools and shows us how to actually use them! icon_biggrin.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 12:31am
post #64 of 77

sorry, multiple posts... icon_redface.gif

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 12:54am
post #65 of 77

Lorrie -

Am I going to have to send MORE choc. up to Canada??? LOL!

The white Merckens is pretty darn good, I'm not all that fond of the milk and semi....but the white....yuummmmmmm icon_smile.gif

Jen icon_smile.gif

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 6:40pm
post #66 of 77

I just got both DVD's this week. What a nice surprise it was to have them waiting for me in the mailbox when I got home from vacation! I sat down and watched both of them right away. EXCELLENT! I can't wait to get some merkins and give it a try!

Thanks Jennifer!

JenniferMI Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 4:12am
post #67 of 77

Thanks for the wonderful feedback Price....it really means the world to me!!! I'm soooo happy you liked them!!!! icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Jen icon_smile.gif

jessfmaldonado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessfmaldonado Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 2:24am
post #68 of 77

Okay well I think I am going to move to michigan so that I can take classes everyday from Jen!!!!! I absolutely loved her class!!!!!!!! Worth every penny!!! Thanks so much Jen for your great brain!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif
lorrieg- I did mention to Jen about going to Canada for you!!! Hope that can happen for you!! Okay as soon as I the class finished and I got back to my hotel room, I popped those Dvd's in!!! Oh my goodness, I can't wait for more!!!! I already asked Jen when is she making more, but I don't know if I can wait that long!!!! Just the pearls alone is worth it to buy the dvds. There are so many great tips and tricks on here that I know I am going to be watching them everyday until they dvd's are memorized. I want to get another class going here in Florida for next year!!!!!!! GO BUY THE DVD'S!!!! They are great!!!!!!!!

Jessica

JenniferMI Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 10:29am
post #69 of 77

Ok, I'm just a SMIL'IN down here in Disney World!!!!! I'm thrilled you liked the class Jessica!!!!!! It was a pleasure meeting you!

We had a BLAST in the park last nite, having a GREAT time at the convention, too!

Try to come to one if you can....it's a sugar artists paradise icon_smile.gif

SSSSoooo SSSSoooo glad you like the DVD's Jess!!!!

Sweet regards,

Jen icon_smile.gif

pamconn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pamconn Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 12:55pm
post #70 of 77

Are the Merckens white chocolate disks any different from the Wilton ones?

Can you use any type of fondant with this recipe? I noticed you said that it didn't work well with Satin Ice.

I have only had a chance to look at my DVD's briefly, but I loved what I saw. I'm thinking of taking them with me on vacation and watching them on the plane rather than the in-flight movie!

Thank you so much for these! I got them in no time at all. You're a doll!

pamconn Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 12:56pm
post #71 of 77

Can you use any type of fondant with this recipe? I noticed you said that it didn't work well with Satin Ice.

I have only had a chance to look at my DVD's briefly, but I loved what I saw. I'm thinking of taking them with me on vacation and watching them on the plane rather than the in-flight movie!

Denise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Denise Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 12:07pm
post #72 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamconn

Hi Pam!!!!

Even though you haven't seen the whole thing...I'm so happy you are liking the snip'it's you saw!! icon_smile.gif

I HIGHLY recommend, and say this in the DVD, that you try the EXACT ingredients first, then branch out if you wish to try other brands of ingredients. I say this for this reason, if you've never worked with these products, you won't know how they are supposed to perform. Once you use exact, you will have something to compare to if you try another brand. No, there is NO comparison with the Merckens and Wilton. When I was teaching in Hawaii, we tried to make a batch of the clay with Wilton, OMG, it was SOOOoooo oily!!! So, I know the answer to that one. I'm really not sure about using other fondant brands, I am so thrilled with this product using the Pettinice, that I just stick with that icon_smile.gif

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask away!

Sweet regards,

Jennifer icon_smile.gif

pamconn Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 5:43pm
post #73 of 77

Jennifer,

Thanks for the help. My local supply store doesn't carry those products so I will have to order them. I have noticed that the Wilton discs are oily and thought they all were that way so I'm glad that I asked.

My family will think I'm crazy, but your DVD's are going with me on the plane!

Pam

sweetjane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjane Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 2:31pm
post #74 of 77

I need to jump in here as another member of the Jennifer Dontz fanclub. She held a class in Orlando just before Convention began, which I attended. It was the perfect "appetizer" going in to Convention since I don't have a lot of gumpaste experience, much less making gumpaste flowers.
The flowers & berries turned out just the way they looked in her promotional flyers - which we all know does not usually happen! I made orchids, a beautiful lily, daisy, bittersweet and hypernicum sprays with great success.
Then as we walked into convention, I had a new sense of success that the things we were about to experience could be done. That says a lot because as you well know, it's quite intimidating to see all the wonderful things others can do.
Jennifer is the bomb - so if you can't attend a class, buy the dvd...
Jane

bobwonderbuns Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 3:05am
post #75 of 77

Hey Jen, I know I've asked you this before but I can't remember what the answer was and what thread it's in -- what do you flavor your white chocolate fondant with?

JenniferMI Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 1:01pm
post #76 of 77

Hey BWB!

I flavor the chocolate fondant with creme bouquet and a touch of almond. If I had to guess (I just pour it in) per 5# batch, I probably add 1 to 1 1/2 t. of CR and 6 or 7 drops of almond.

Jane - I am THRILLED you liked the class! I am also glad it gave you confidence. YOU can do this, too! I've taught MANY students that never touched gumpaste before and they have good results.... I think that is the most rewarding part of teaching for me, when I see the "light bulb" go on their face. They realize that they can do it, too!

Thanks again for your kind words!

Jennifer icon_smile.gif

JenniferMI Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 1:02pm
post #77 of 77

Of course the fondant can be flavored with flavorings of your choice. Start out with a little and then taste, add to your own liking.

Jen icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%