I Got A Letter From A Bride Today...

Decorating By TooMuchCake Updated 4 Jul 2008 , 11:41pm by ShortcakesSweets

TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 2:14am
post #1 of 19

Last year, I made wedding cakes for an adorable bride and groom.

Their wedding cake is the black and white tulip cake in my photos, and her bridal shower cake is the piped tulip cake with the W and butterflies on the top. The groom's cake was a massive 16" round with the entire top decorated with a FBT of the Florida State Seminoles mascot.

The couple had Christmas cards printed up with photos of their wedding. There was a prominent picture of the groom's cake on it!

Then, today, I got a sweet letter in the mail from them. It's their first anniversary, and they took time out to write to the people who had a hand in their wedding! There are also pictures from their wedding on this letter, and the very first one was of the couple cutting the groom's cake!

The bride hand-wrote a note on the bottom of my letter saying that they couldn't have asked for more perfect cakes and that the groom didn't want to cut his!

After all the times when I deliver a cake and barely get acknowledged, I'm touched and delighted to be remembered for a hand I had in a wedding a whole year ago. I'm keeping this letter forever.
thumbs_up.gif

Deanna

18 replies
karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 2:22am
post #2 of 19

Wow. That's wonderful. I'd love to get a letter like that!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 2:22am
post #3 of 19

How sweet!!!

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 2:22am
post #4 of 19

That's such a nice feeling to be acknowledged. People don't remember to take time to say a simple "thank you" much anymore, but it's such a small gesture that can mean so much to someone. icon_smile.gif Especially nice that is was put in writing instead of an impersonal email.

(I sound like such an old fuddy-duddy, eh? I'm only 33! icon_lol.gif )

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 2:35am
post #5 of 19

I agree; it's terrIFic to hear from them, even just a little tiny thank you card! Warms my heart to no end! It's always a little odd to work for days on something like a wedding cake, deliver it oh-so-carefully, spend my time setting up the perfect cake table, and then: never hear from them again.

I also get their permission to quote them on my website next to a pic of their cake on my 'applause' page.

michellesArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellesArt Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 2:44am
post #6 of 19

that is so touching-when i don't get a response from someone about a cake i did it's hard to have confidance in yourself. to get a letter on their anniversary, handwritten to boot is so thoughtful!! what a nice way to remember you icon_smile.gif

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 2:49am
post #7 of 19

A very heart-touching post. How nice of that couple to acknowledge all those who had a hand in making their celebration special.

I often try to do the same when something special has happened to/for me. I made sure to send thank you cards to the hospital staff (dr's, nurses, anesthesiologists, etc.) after my three children were born. I also sent them to the priests who baptized my children as well as to the catering hall managers and a host of others. I truly believe it takes so little time to do something so nice and simple as to say "thank you". I hope those who received my notes were as touched as you are after having received yours.

Enjoy that feeling and never forget it.

poshcakedesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poshcakedesigns Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 2:59am
post #8 of 19

Now doesn't that just make all the 'work' worth it. icon_rolleyes.gif

MessiET Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MessiET Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 3:08am
post #9 of 19

Oh, how sweet. What a nice gesture on their part!

TooMuchCake Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 3:20am
post #10 of 19

I'm still glowing and have their letter here next to my computer. Gratitude is a vanishing trait, and after feeling like I'm nothing more than a glorified pizza guy some days, this really did make me feel special.

Deanna

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 3:22am
post #11 of 19

That is so awesome! Of course, you've earned it over and over, but it's sure nice to finally GET it, doesn't it? icon_wink.gif And that cake is so gorgeous, I am not shocked it made such an impression with them!

4Gifts4Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4Gifts4Lisa Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 3:37am
post #12 of 19

Awww...that couple is so sweet...I predict their marriage will last!

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 9:06am
post #13 of 19

That's awesome. What loevly people.

Mike

CakeWhizz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeWhizz Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 10:17am
post #14 of 19

Well done! I am so happy for you. In a business where people are always quick to complain if the slightest thing goes wrong, it is refreshing to see some people still have some great values. I have checked out the photo of their cake and it is amazing. I hope that their married life is full of blessings.

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 1:29pm
post #15 of 19

Put that letter in a picture frame!

That is the nicest thing I've ever heard. I get so aggravated not even getting thank you notes for shower / wedding gifts anymore. It's nice that some people still care about stuff like that!

MessiET Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MessiET Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 5:41pm
post #16 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchCake

I'm still glowing and have their letter here next to my computer. Gratitude is a vanishing trait, and after feeling like I'm nothing more than a glorified pizza guy some days, this really did make me feel special.

Deanna

That is the reason why this:
"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Theresa
is my signature line...

TooMuchCake Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 5:53pm
post #17 of 19

I tell my son "Your 'thank you' should be louder than your 'please'." I love it that this couple has grasped the concept and run with it. It really doesn't take much time to make someone feel really special. My goal for the day: Make someone else feel as special as I did yesterday.

Deanna

Franluvsfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Franluvsfrosting Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 11:21pm
post #18 of 19

What a sweet couple! I love hearing stuff like that. I'd keep the letter forever too!

ShortcakesSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShortcakesSweets Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 11:41pm
post #19 of 19

That is so sweet and thoughtful. I have two thank you notes from people I've done cakes for that I keep standing on my window sill right next to my KA. I've had people email me back thanking me for a cake, I should have printed those out, but without thinking I deleted them. icon_cry.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%