Friday Night Cake Club- Emergency Thursday Edition!

Decorating By DoniB Updated 6 Jul 2008 , 8:07pm by Bettycrockermommy

DoniB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DoniB Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 9:58pm
post #1 of 53

Okay, I hereby officially open the Emergency Holiday Thursday Edition of the Friday Night Cake Club!

Ladies (and gentlemen!).... Start your mixers! icon_smile.gif

So I've got all those cookies to ice, one batch of WASC in the oven, several batches of buttercream to make and color, a double batch of Antonia's RI to make and color, and did I mention I still have to ice those cookies???

Yup! I'll be here alllllll night! LOL

Who's with me?? icon_razz.gif

DoniB, who's working on:
two-layer 12" wasc
36 cuppies
about 6 dozen cookies

52 replies
disneynutbsv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
disneynutbsv Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 10:04pm
post #2 of 53

Me! <raising hand>

Brenda is making:

48 Ice Cream Cupcakes
plus a cupcake cake
I finished the actual 4th of july cake last nighticon_smile.gif

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 10:13pm
post #3 of 53

I stayed up LAST night. Tonight I am grabbing a glass of wine, closing the door the bakery room, and watching Chef Ramsey on Jay Leno.

J-me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
J-me Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 10:13pm
post #4 of 53

Wow! Good luck! You guys have your work cut out for ya....I bet they will come out lovely though.
icon_smile.gif

tasha27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tasha27 Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 10:24pm
post #5 of 53

I have double duty

one batch of 4th of July cookies ( done icon_biggrin.gif )

2dz cupcakes (fresh out the oven) icon_sad.gif

8in square spongebob cake.....Still looking for spongebog

and a potato salad (done)

Macoroni and Baked beans still in the grocery bags (Lord Help Me)

Oh did I say all is due tomorrow but yet here I sit on CC icon_rolleyes.gif

Launa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Launa Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 10:42pm
post #6 of 53

Count me in!!

30 cookies almost done - pick up tomorrow morning
60 cookies still working on those - for tomorrow night
2-tier birthday cake for Saturday, baked but not iced
cookie bouquet - delivered - but on the way back home, got a call for another one for first thing in the morning!!! Back to the oven!!

jamalyn1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamalyn1 Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 10:50pm
post #7 of 53

Well I will be here for moral support for all you hard working folk. I've finished all my baking, decorating and preparing for the weekend! Woo Hoo. (It does help that I work from home) Now I think I'll crack open a nice cold beer and order pizza so i don't have to go in the kitchen again for the night lol. Good luck to all icon_biggrin.gif

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 10:51pm
post #8 of 53

Going to bake batches of cupcakes and brownies for tomorrow. Have lots of leftover icing that I need to use up.

Theresa icon_smile.gif [/u]

cheferyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheferyn Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 10:54pm
post #9 of 53

Oh my goodness. I don't even know where to start. I have laundry to do, 2- 8x12's to bake, decorate and clean up after so my kitchen is perfect tomorrow morning, potato salad to make, room to finish painting and the house to clean. I don't think I'll be sleeping tonight. Thank Goodness I'm off from my day job tomorrow! Good luck ladies.

Marina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marina Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 11:27pm
post #10 of 53

Well, I decided to go with cookies instead of cupcakes. I have all the ingredients for cookies so I don't have to make a run to the store again!!!

DoniB Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 11:41pm
post #11 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamalyn1

Well I will be here for moral support for all you hard working folk. I've finished all my baking, decorating and preparing for the weekend! Woo Hoo. (It does help that I work from home) Now I think I'll crack open a nice cold beer and order pizza so i don't have to go in the kitchen again for the night lol. Good luck to all icon_biggrin.gif

hey, can you pass me one of those beers??? I think my fireworks will look more authentic if they're a bit more squiggly from beer goggling icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Cakes are baked/baking, cupcakes are next. Icing the cookies happens between those batches. icon_razz.gif Icing the cuppies and cakes might happen tomorrow morning, depending on how late I manage to stay up tonight. icon_razz.gif

DoniB Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 1:20am
post #12 of 53

whew! Well, down to the last batch of cuppies that need to be made. icon_razz.gif About to start icing those cookies.

Got distracted because for SOME reason, my DH decided that he wanted to spend a little quality time, so we sat and watched TV for an hour. icon_razz.gif Lost the hour, but gained the cuddle time, so it's all good. icon_smile.gif

How's everyone else doing out there?

PS the best part is that now that I'm to the point of making icing, I get to close all the windows and turn the AC on!!!! Woohoo!!!!!

Afarren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Afarren Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 1:35am
post #13 of 53

Count me in...I just finished another 12in square and a 8in round! Now to the freezer, then after the kids are in bed Decorate!!

mjballinger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjballinger Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 1:36am
post #14 of 53

I'm in! I have food to make - just baked beans luckily! Plus a bunch of desserts - 2 dozen cookies for holiday cookie bouquets, red white and blue strawberries (dipped in colored white choc), a cheesecake, an ice cream dessert (has ice cream, cool whip, pudding in it), oh and since I invited people over, I have to do my least favorite thing in the whole wide world, CLEAN. yuck.
The worst part though...... I got a flat tire today and it put me so behind schedule that by the time I got it fixed and went shopping and took the kids to get fireworks, the liquor store was closed!! All I wanted was some dang Kahlua! Boo hoo . icon_cry.gif If anyone has some, have a drink for me, okay?

twooten173 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twooten173 Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 1:38am
post #15 of 53

I'm here for moral support also. At a timeshare in Virginia drinking icon_smile.gif

Does it count if I make some break apart cookies? icon_redface.gif

I wish I was near you guys so I could come and help... I'm going through cake withdrawl!!! icon_cry.gif

decoratingfool Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
decoratingfool Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 1:43am
post #16 of 53

ME ME ME, i will be here all niht also...

I have 2 chocolate cakes in the oven for my oreo cake then i have to make the icing and filling which is easy because im using bettercream...wooo hooo for that....

Then i have a champagne cake to bake still, and make the vanilla toffee carmel frosting for that one..

Then i have one more chocolate cake to make for a birthday, thank god the frostings for that..

Once all the cakes baked and cooled im going to fill them frost them and decoate in the morning....

BUT after all thats done i have to make brocolli salad, potato salad, and chicken rice a roni salad...

Happy baking everyone i will be checking in periodically on everyone, Have a good baking night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tellis12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tellis12 Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 1:49am
post #17 of 53

Good luck to all you ladies. I wish I needed to make something this weekend. But I think all this talk of decorating is inspiring me to make some cookies. I've been itching to do them for a while. I should also probably clean out my fridge from all the choc. syrup that dumped EVERYWHERE. Gross.

korensmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korensmommy Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 1:49am
post #18 of 53

I'm here...but I have my mom in town to help me. She is actually cleaning my kitchen while I type!
I have started my daughter's 1st birthday cake - Classic Pooh and cake pop favors for the goody bags. Her birthday is the 4th of July but the party is not until the 5th. I'm baking tonight and decorating tomorrow.

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 1:57am
post #19 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by loriemoms

I stayed up LAST night. Tonight I am grabbing a glass of wine, closing the door the bakery room, and watching Chef Ramsey on Jay Leno.

I'm with YOU! LOL I LOVE to HATE Chef Ramsey!

Actually this afternoon I did a wedding cake and groom's cake for a wedding on Saturday. It's wrapped nicely in the frig at church and ready to be put together early Sat. Morning. I also decorated both the groom's and bride's cake tables while I was waiting for the icing to "crust". So, I'm actually DONE until October! YES!!

Beth in KY

Kim_in_CajunCountry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 2:03am
post #20 of 53

I'm here and cheering you on. Not baking tonight, but will be this weekend. Three scratch made carrot cakes for hubby, neighbor, and coworker; and as many fig cakes as I can. I made fig preserves monday night and I cooked down the figs that weren't firm enough for preserves. I mashed them while they were boiling in the syrup then I strained them. Now I have three wonderful pints of fig syrup! I refrigerated the mash and that's what I'm going to use to make cakes. The great part about fig cakes is that you don't have to frost them!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Kim_in_CajunCountry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 2:03am
post #21 of 53

Oops! Double post. *deleted* icon_redface.gif

am2pm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
am2pm Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 2:24am
post #22 of 53

I'm sitting here typing and looking at pictures while my cake is settling. Did I mention I just had 2 frozen pina coladas because this day sucked. My bow wouldn't come together, my icing isn't getting navy blue and when I went to the store today, I forgot half the stuff I needed. I still need to make ice tea from garden mint, baked beans (for 1 party on Fri. and one Sat.) and then there is the cleaning!!! Maybe I can con DH into the cleaning....in my dreams.

Oh well, at least I know I'm not alone.

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 3:00am
post #23 of 53

I am big time procrastinating... I have a cake due tomorrow at 4. SMBC covered blueberry/strawberry round cake .. made the cake but not the icing (easy peasy) .. will do that in the morning. I have made baked beans, sweet and spicy cole slaw and have the ribs marinating in the rub. I still need to dehusk the corn on the cobb and boil the eggs for the deviled eggs. Other then that I will throw some chips in a bowl and the others can worry about our dessert..

Everybody have a wonderful 4th!!

Marina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marina Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 3:09am
post #24 of 53

I just finished my cookies!! WhoooHooooo!!!!!

Hey Jennifer, I have a whole bottle of Kahlua!! I'll have a drink for you!!!

smab109 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smab109 Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 3:18am
post #25 of 53

sitting here, waiting for the timer to buzz for the chocolate molds in the freezer that go on cupcakes... ingoring the dishes that need washed... depressed over the fact that my lil family (boyfriend included) were all asleep at 8pm while i sweat and curse away in the kitchen....

i will call it quits soon, but will be up at 6am to frost cupcakes, box the orders and attempt to make my children appear clean for the 10am pick up. if its a holday, we can start drinking in the morning, right? icon_razz.gif

DoniB Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 3:23am
post #26 of 53

*sigh* For some reason, this is just not happening tonight. I shoulda gone out and got that beer! LOL

but the last cuppies are in, the RI is beating, and hopefully I can get the cookies iced before too long. Fortunately, I chose fairly simple designs, with just two colors each, so hopefully that will go fairly quickly. icon_razz.gif I'm thinking as soon as those are done, I'll be hitting the sack, get up early tomorrow and do all the buttercream work. icon_razz.gif

My designs are getting simpler as the night goes on... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

ashcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashcake Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 3:26am
post #27 of 53

Sitting here thinking about all I need to do. I have a birthday cake to do for Saturday it's a 2 teir. Have the cake baked, but thats it. Husband informed me this afternoon he wants me to make a cake to take to church tomorrow night. Not to mention I've been walking around for the past 2 weeks on what I thought was a sprain ankle...turns out it's fractured. So I have to stay off of it. How am I suppose to do cakes?!?!?!? And I'm so sick from being pregnant. I would really like a drink, but that aint happening being preggers...Good luck everyone!

Oh yeah, and since fell I haven't done much houswork. So the house is a DISASTER!!! And so much laundry!

angelcakes5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelcakes5 Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 3:45am
post #28 of 53

Just finished a 12x18 Elmo/4th of July Bday cake. It turned out really cute. I will post pictures. I 9"round 4th of July cake/40th bday. I have another 12x18 and an 11x15 baked and ready to decorate tomorrow. Then one more 11x15 for Saturday. So total of 5 this week. Didn't I just say last week I was cutting down to 2 cakes a week?? I did turn 2 people down again this week so I am learning to say no!

decoratingfool Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
decoratingfool Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 3:58am
post #29 of 53

Ok so the chocolate cakes are done baking the champagne cake is in the oven, i have everything ready to make the frosting and only one more cake to bake!!!! wooo hoooo.......... BUT i did boil the eggs for the potato salad and boiled the potatos, finished cooking the chicken for the rice a roni salad so now its all about just putting those together.....but that will wait till tomorrow... things are going pretty smoothly ( i should have NEVER said that, oh well hubbys home and he is pretty good at helping when i ask... happy baking everyone... check in in a bit!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAYI95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YAYI95 Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 4:11am
post #30 of 53

Ok so my sister just called and will be here from ATL tomorrow to surprise our parents, I only had a cake to make for Sat so thought it would be an easy night now I have to do the baked beans, potato salad, bake 2 cakes....I Started the food not the cakes..(sigh)...Im going to start my cakes now WASC...cannot go wrong with that...I think ill have to make my happy juice(rockstar with mountain dew)..It keeps me happy and up on nights like these!!Gotta love those energy drinks!LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%