Hi CC Friends!
today I need some of your expert suggestions... making a Yoda cake for my son's 33rd birthday... need help with Yoda (fondant mixed with Fixodent). I am making a Yoda in the swamp with a tree for the top of the cake.
1. What would you use for wisps of hair?
2. Should I put the Rice Krispies in the blender before making the Rice Krispie treats (molding it for his head and body) to smooth it?
3. Would you also use the Rice Krispies as the base for the tree?
4. Any ideas for finger and toe nails? I was thinking almonds.
Thanks so much... I would appreciate any input you all may have! Birthday party is Thursday, this week.
I think your ideas are great. I made a primitive yoda a few years ago and that was before I know of CC. So I made everything from cake and then made a cane in chocolate.
1. If you have access to candy floss or cotton candy. Sometimes if you know a place where they make it they can make some white for you or if you dont if you get a package of "mung bean noodles" from the asian section in the supermarket - that stuff is super fine and might work also since you only need a few strands.
2. I have seen many treads on the RKT in the blender and all that and some people say it's not a problem and other say you can always see the bumps. The ones I did last year I doubled up and it sort of worked, but it was hot and humid so maybe someone else will be able to help.
3. You could try RKT for the trees you could use the chocolate marshmallows to start so they are already dark. The other thing I just remembered is that you could also us other cereal like the cocoa puff or the peebles cereal that are already chocolate and that would help for the color/texture.
4. I like the almonds idea, I use those for halloween fingers and they work great so that would be great.
I hope this helps.
Have you thought about spun sugar for wisps of hair? I'm sure someone here at CC could tell you how to do it. They make it look so easy on Food Network Challenges. Since you're trying to make this 3D, I kind of doubt my flat Yoda cake pic would help but if you want to see it you'll have to email me (firstname.lastname@example.org), since it's larger than CC max. 800x800 pixels)