So Peeved!! Long...

Decorating By CarriM Updated 22 Jun 2008 , 8:07pm by indydebi

CarriM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarriM Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 2:08pm
post #1 of 6

Ok, this lady e-mailed me Thursday for a cake this Sunday.. 3 days notice. She said she wanted the frog cake from my gallery. I told her I couldn't do that cake for her but I could do something else with frogs if she gave me all the information I needed.. She replies Friday with the size, flavor, theme, pick up time, etc. I responded last night (Friday night) to confirm all the details (as I always do).. Now she says she didn't hear back from ME in time so they made other arrangements... WTF!!! I told her I would do it, crystal clear, I'll do it tell me what you want.... Of course, I read the e-mail right after I put the cake in the oven. Oh well, guess I have one to practice on later... This would be a perfect business if not for some of the customers..

Ok, that's my rant.. off to make frosting for the cake I don't need icon_biggrin.gif

edited for typos...

5 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 1:09am
post #2 of 6

Heck, I'd be peeved too. icon_sad.gif

Sounds like everything was fine until she got the confirmation email & price...... thumbsdown.gif

lauramw71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lauramw71 Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 2:28am
post #3 of 6

Ahhhh I agree with Jan. She didn't like the price but didn't want to say it. How frustrating!!!

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 2:59am
post #4 of 6

doesn't that just make your head boil????!!!! icon_mad.gif

CarriM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarriM Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 2:38pm
post #5 of 6

I'm not sure that it was the price... I e-mailed her my price list a month or two ago, we've talkede before. The cake was put to good use though, a dear friend is moving to SanFrancisco next week so he got it. icon_biggrin.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 8:07pm
post #6 of 6

OK.... I'll play devil's advocate.

You don't indicate what time her email to you was sent but if she emailed you Friday a.m. and you didn't get back to her until Friday night, I can understand how she may have panic'd a little. Since she didn't get an immediate response, in her mind, that left her basically one day to arrange for this cake.

You didn't say "crystal clear" that you would do the cake..... you told her you could do it *IF* she gave you the details. She gave the details and ... again, in her mind .... was left hanging.

Not saying either side is right or wrong ... just how easy things can get lost in translation.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%