Cake For Tomorrow? What?

Decorating By ericaann79 Updated 24 Jun 2008 , 2:59am by Denise

ericaann79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ericaann79 Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 10:44pm
post #1 of 7

Ok, so I have done a few wedding cakes and stuff, one recently for my cousin. She had an awesome caterer for her wedding who just called me today. He said he had a favor to ask me...that he needs a cake for tomorrow preferably by 4:00! What? OMG...he said that he is referring me to all of his weddings coming up...so great marketing. So he wants a 3 tiered cake with easy decor...all white with fondant covering. I can do it...I told my boss that I have a doctor appt tomorrow that I will be in at 12 so I have the morning to do it as well...I quoted him $475....do you think I am overcharging? Normally bakeries here charge $4.50 minimum (that is dirt cheap around here) per slice, but $315 didn't seem enough for the short notice. 4", 8" and 12" cake...what do you guys think? It will be modeled after the cake attached.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1225754

6 replies
FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 10:49pm
post #2 of 7

Not at all.. I think with all of that detail on the sides you undercharged for your area.

kathy164 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathy164 Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 10:52pm
post #3 of 7

I think that is a very fair price. This is not short notice, it is extreme short notice, (basically overnight) This is a large cake also. It will be well worth the money. If you can do this in one day, that is awesome!! I hope you get many referrals from him too.!

becky27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becky27 Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 10:54pm
post #4 of 7

i don't think you are overcharging...i'll be thinking of you ...i am doing cakes tonight too!!! good luck!!!

ericaann79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ericaann79 Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 11:04pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks for the input...I feel better now...I was stressing over what to charge...$450...$500...$450...fine meet in the middel icon_smile.gif Thank you all!

Zaxapi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zaxapi Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 1:54am
post #6 of 7

Wow great cake. I think that is a fair price. You have to charge for your time.

Denise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Denise Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 2:59am
post #7 of 7

No..that is not anywhere too much especially last minute!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%