Idea Needed: My Boss And Her Wife Just Got Married

Decorating By dandelion Updated 17 Jun 2008 , 10:27pm by dandelion

dandelion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 6:29pm
post #1 of 8

I am making a cake to congratulate my boss. As a result of the recent California court ruling, my boss and her wife are finally able to get married.
However, I am at a loss as to what to put on the cake other than: Congratulations!
Any ideas?

7 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 7:43pm
post #2 of 8

Unless you know them both personally, keeping it simple is a good idea.

Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 7:52pm
post #3 of 8

I don't have any suggestions.....But, I think it's awesome they were able to get married. I think I would keep it simple and just go somewhat traditional.

Trixyinaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Trixyinaz Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 7:56pm
post #4 of 8

Congratulations is good or you could write some "wedding" words or "love" words on the cake top....

Forever, Love, Happiness, Lifetime, etc.....

Dawanka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dawanka Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 8:06pm
post #5 of 8

Sorry your topic confused me for a sec. But I think its great that you want to do something for them. Kudos to you they are getting so much crap right now. As for the cake think of something anyone would want. Like a "Together Now & Forever". You could look up quotes online too. As for your boss CONGRATS!!

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 8:16pm
post #6 of 8

I would do just a small wedding cake. Make a 4/6 tiered cake w/some flowers or something. Or even just an 8" cake 'topper'

dawncr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawncr Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 8:56pm
post #7 of 8

Ditto on the congrats your boss and her wife!

I think just Congratulations is fine. This is an opportunity for you to use techniques you're good at, or to try a new one you've been wanting to try. You could do flowers, or ivy, or a filligree design.

A sheet cake probably would be easiest, but I'd probably do something like cupcakes, with two interlocking wedding rings on top.

Nice of you to help her celebrate.

dandelion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 10:27pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks for all the great ideas and furthermore all the support.

Here's what I have in mind: 8" round, white cake w/ strawberry filling (what my boss likes), white frosting, light purple details-borders, drop flowers on the side of the cake, etc. (her wife's favorite color), and written on top: Congratulations Jessica and Angela (names changed)

I like the wedding rings idea, but unfortunately I'm not an artist...does anyone have a pic I can print and trace?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%