Help Needed For 4-H Project.

Decorating By ohiocrafter Updated 16 Jun 2008 , 3:12am by gateaux

ohiocrafter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ohiocrafter Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 1:36am
post #1 of 2

My daughter is in here second year of cake decorating in 4-H. We are trying to come up with a cake idea that incorporates as many of the techniques that we can.
Here is what she is to have learn in this year, Cursive writing, rosettes, borders, emotion borders, shell border, sweet peas, rosebuds, lilies of the valley, stems and leaves.
The borders are not a problem she is pretty good at those. I am not sure how to come up with a themed cake using these ideas. Their booth is called "We are loopy for 4-H" Which is the decorations are going to be fruit loops boxes. They did a beatification project and they planted flowers to look like a cereal bowl. Any idea are welcome.

Thanks Rachel

1 reply
gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 3:12am
post #2 of 2

Check out this pictures, I made a basket with a 1/2 ball cake, you could easily make this cake and have it look like a Froot Loops bowl with the fruit loops logo on it. Then Fill the bowl with the flowers she learned or make a few more of the flowers they also planted.
This would really round up the project.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=317683

I did a typo in the description: Hyacinths are made those on pretzel sticks so we could eat them all.

Good Luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%