Where To Buy Discontinued Pans?

Decorating By dylansmomma Updated 11 Jun 2008 , 3:47pm by lutie

dylansmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dylansmomma Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 2:59pm
post #1 of 10

I need to find a Bob the Builder character pan. Anyone have an idea or website where I could buy one?

9 replies
Jenn2110 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn2110 Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 3:16pm
post #2 of 10

There are 13 for sale on ebay right now.

southerncake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncake Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 3:17pm
post #3 of 10

I would try Ebay. I can usually find any pan I am looking for on Ebay!

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 3:17pm
post #4 of 10

I found soooo many pans on e-bay !!!

TC123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TC123 Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 3:21pm
post #5 of 10

Go to e-Bay. Check frequently and you'll probably find what you're looking for. Good luck! thumbs_up.gif

ashcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashcake Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 3:24pm
post #6 of 10

Ebay is a great way to find them!

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 3:34pm
post #7 of 10

Try Wiltons cake pans...at Michaels and use the 50% coupon off...or Hobby Lobby...I usually buy my pans like that or ebay...resale shops are great ...have found wilton pans for as low as 1.00, garage sales.

You can find local resale shops in your area, and just look and look, you will find them, I find them by the tons! Good Luck.

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 3:41pm
post #8 of 10

I find my character pans at the thrift stores. Usually about $1 each. Of course, you can't be specific on which ones you pick up.

Lady_Phoenix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lady_Phoenix Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 3:46pm
post #9 of 10

I have found a lot of pans at yard sales, as well as on ebay. I also belong to a yahoo group called cheapcycle where people list what they want to sell, and don't think I have ever paid more than $2 for a pan on there,

lutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lutie Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 3:47pm
post #10 of 10

Here are some sources I found:

Bob the Builder Wilton cake pan TOO CUTE!!!! - $8 (C.S.)
Reply to: [email protected]
Date: 2008-05-20, 11:08AM CDT

Used once for a adorable Bob the builder birthday party! Makes great cake for your lil one who loves bob the builder. Please ask any questions. thanks!

(picture of the cake pan was supposed to show up here)

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 688045645
......................................................................................................
www.wilton.com/forums
......................................................................................................
http://www.spritzels.com/party/cake-pan.html
michianamoms.com

Bob the Builder Wilton Cake Pan

I have a Wilton Bob the Builder Cake Pan. Used once for my sons birthday. It comes with the instructions. $10.00 If interested please email me at [email protected] or PM me here.

expires on June 23, 2008 - 8:43am (1 week 4 days)

...........................................................................................................

The Ultimate Party Planning Directory Functionjunction.ca

More kids party ideas Functionjunction.ca

Create Your Own Bob the Builder Cake

I have always been horrible at making cakes. My son's first three birthdays put a new meaning to the word lopsided. And decorating? Forget it. But I don't like the whipped cream they try to pass off as icing at the grocery stores and I refuse to pay $20 for a cake that has no little keepsakes or toys and is just going to end up all over my carpet, my walls and my ceilings by the time five or six kids are done with it.

When Darien's fourth birthday rolled around, he was really into Bob the Builder. I thought about buying a cake mould and then decided to forget that idea because I would never be able to get everything to work out properly, plus I didn't really have the time.

So I got together the following:

A rectangle cake pan

Chocolate Cake Mix

Chocolate Icing

Green sprinkles

Blue Crystallized Sugar

Vanilla Melts (circle shape)

Little Bob the Builder figures that could be cleaned up and used after.

As always, I preheated the oven, mixed the batter, greased the pan and put it in to cook. And as always, I let it cool on a rack for ten minutes (just like the instructions tell you to) and then tried to take it out of the pan to cool completely. Also as always, the cake stuck to the bottom of the pan and left a huge chunk missing out of it. But this time it didn't really matter.

I left the runaway piece of cake in the pan and let everything cool. Then I took the chocolate icing and iced the cake except for in the big hole. I made a medium sized circular shape with the blue sugar crystals (a pond) surrounded by vanilla melts (stones) then filled in the rest of the empty space with green sprinkles (grass)...except for the hole of course. In a separate bowl, I put a little bit of chocolate icing and crumbled the missing cake in with it, adding a few green sprinkles just for fun. I took out the figures of Muck, Scoop and Roley. In Muck's scoop and dumper, I put a little of the icing/cake/sprinkles mixture. Same with Scoop. Beside the hole, I piled the rest of the mixture (dirt pile). Bob was actually a candle holder that I had bought and I stuck him on there with the candle.

And...voila!! A cool Bob the Builder birthday cake that even those of us with no talent can make.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%