Meet My New Baby!!

Lounge By Melvira Updated 31 Oct 2008 , 4:09pm by chassidyg

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 10:00pm
post #121 of 510

Mel-Congrats on the beautiful baby! I am glad everyone is happy and healthy!!

Just think of all the wonderful birthday cakes that kid is going to have!

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 10:01pm
post #122 of 510

Mel-Congrats on the beautiful baby! I am glad everyone is happy and healthy!!

Just think of all the wonderful birthday cakes that kid is going to have!

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 11:04pm
post #123 of 510

amia- I am going to try not to 'blame' you, but I was bleeding from my incision pretty badly today! I know I overdid it last night, but my bedroom is upstairs, and when the baby cries you don't think about whether you SHOULD go up and down the steps. You just do what you have to do to get what you need for him. Then today I was moving around too much, trying to do everything. SO... I hereby take a solemn VOW to sit on my butt as much as possible for a few days. I just have to take it easy and learn to ask for what I need. There's no reason I have to get up and cook breakfast... I can let someone else do it! I will catch on soon, I promise! icon_redface.gif

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 2:27am
post #124 of 510

Bad Bad Mel !!! Sit on your Butt! Isnt your sister or someone there for you ??? They are there to help ! Not watch you do it ! Lol!! Looks like they need to tie you to the chair !

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 3:54am
post #125 of 510

Mel,

Please take it easy! I know from my girls how hard it is to sit when your toddler is running around and the baby needs attention, but you have to take care of yourself also. Let your family help you.
That's why they are there.

Sending big hugs to you!

Vicki

Melvira Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 7:48pm
post #126 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticks

Bad Bad Mel !!! Sit on your Butt! Isnt your sister or someone there for you ??? They are there to help ! Not watch you do it ! Lol!! Looks like they need to tie you to the chair !

OMG, they have actually threatened this. icon_wink.gif I keep telling hubby to give me a few weeks to heal, then maybe I'll be up for it! Hehehehehe. icon_redface.gif I'm terrible!

Ok, I need some help... does anyone know how to wipe this ridiculous smile off my face? I keep looking from my big guy to my baby and my cheeks absolutely ache!! I'm telling you, I live a blessed life. I just wish I had some cupcakes right now. I would kill for one of the mounds cuppies I made for the nurses. I never did get to eat one. icon_cry.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 7:54pm
post #127 of 510

Melvira.. Good for you we should all have your problem ! I just wish I could get rid of this darn phneumonia so I could bake to ! Can you repost me the mounds recipe or pm it to me ! Keeps sounding wonderful but I dont have it ??? Maybe all the meds Im on just make me not find it ! who knows !! And thats NOT what I had in mind when I said tie you to a chair !! LOL!! To soon for baby # 3 LOL!!! Have a good weekend !

Melvira Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 8:03pm
post #128 of 510

I'll PM you the description about how I did it! But, you'd better take it easy... cuppies can wait. (Yah... right. Who am I foolin'?)

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 8:12pm
post #129 of 510

You must be feeling better if you're having dirty thoughts. icon_wink.gif I wish smiling too much was my biggest problem.

And fiddlesticks, I hear ya! I have whooping cough! WHOOPING COUGH! Who even gets that anymore????? icon_cry.gif What's next? Polio? icon_lol.gif My poor Jack has it too since he's not fully vaccinated yet. icon_sad.gif

Oh and I would love to have this mounds recipe too. Pretty please! icon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 8:16pm
post #130 of 510

Thanks Mel !! Sorry to take up your smiley time !LOL!! Im not baking prob for another week but still want that recipe ! amia1024.. hope you and Jack feel better soon !

Melvira Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 8:21pm
post #131 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by amia1024

You must be feeling better if you're having dirty thoughts. icon_wink.gif I wish smiling too much was my biggest problem.

And fiddlesticks, I hear ya! I have whooping cough! WHOOPING COUGH! Who even gets that anymore????? icon_cry.gif What's next? Polio? icon_lol.gif My poor Jack has it too since he's not fully vaccinated yet. icon_sad.gif

Oh and I would love to have this mounds recipe too. Pretty please! icon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gif

The mounds cuppies were super simple (fiddle I pm'ed ya, but I'll reiterate here for ease for other people!)

Bake Devil's Food cuppies, let 'em cool...

Mix 8 oz cream cheese, 1 4 serv pkg coconut cream Jell-O pudding mix, and 1/2 cup milk until smooth and well incorporated. Set aside. Whip 1 c. liquid bettercreme with a dash of coconut flavoring until stiff peaks form. Fold into cream cheese mixture. Fill cuppies then dip the tops in ganache made with or without a dash of coconut flavoring in it. For Almond Joy cuppies, garnish the top with whole or sliced (slivered, etc.) almonds.

Oh boy... this is what I get for turning the cuppy thread into a baby thread... now my baby thread is a cuppy thread!! Hahahaha! I don't mind ONE bit!

fiddlesticks Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 8:27pm
post #132 of 510

Thanks Mel ! Got it !!! I think every thread should be a cuppy thread along the way !

Amia Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 8:28pm
post #133 of 510

Thank you! Those sound delicious! I may have to make those for Father's Day!

Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 12:18pm
post #134 of 510

Oh Mel I'm glad your home safe and sound and sounds like you've got to let everyone help you for a change. The boys sound like heaven and I'm glad they are both doing great.

Fiddlesticks you need to take your own advice and rest and get over the pnemonia.

Amia I hope you get rid of that whooping cough because that is more aggrivating than anything. icon_biggrin.gif

Amia Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 4:04pm
post #135 of 510

Thank you Meemaw! icon_biggrin.gif (that's what my 2 yr old calls my mom icon_lol.gif)

Mel - I hope you, DH, and Alex had a great first Father's Day with little Zach!

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 10:16pm
post #136 of 510

[quote="amia1024"].

[quote]

You poor thing! My son and youngest dd have pink eye, and my oldest just finally got over whooping cough about a month ago, and now it sounds like it's starting up again.

mkerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkerton Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 11:01pm
post #137 of 510

Melissa you already know how adorable I think your little one is......but I just had to post it again... You did really good "baking" those kiddo's of yours!

Melvira Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 3:15am
post #138 of 510

Thank you Melanie! That is super sweet of you!

Such a long day today... I wish this pain med scrip was refillable, but it's not. I'm going to be awfully sad after tomorrow.

Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 1:31pm
post #139 of 510

Oh Mel maybe the pain will be better after tomorrow. I sure hope so. icon_biggrin.gif

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 3:51pm
post #140 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Thank you Melanie! That is super sweet of you!

Such a long day today... I wish this pain med scrip was refillable, but it's not. I'm going to be awfully sad after tomorrow.

Mel,

If you are still in pain after tomorrow, talk to your doctor. Maybe he can authorize a refill of your meds. I hope you are feeling better soon!

Vicki

mkerton Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 4:20pm
post #141 of 510

Man they must not have given you very many!! I took my pain meds for nearly a week and I still have a half a bottle left over! Hope you start feeling better soon, and you can always stagger tylenol and motrin (I believe) to help you get through without the pain meds...

Melvira Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 6:20pm
post #142 of 510

Well, they gave me a big bottle of motrin (Um... not to be rude, but I could get that over the counter...) but a tiny little bottle of 'the good stuff'. I was shocked by how much they DIDN'T give me. They say you're supposed to wean yourself off the good stuff as quickly as possible, and that's fine, but at this rate I'll just be taking four tylenol at a time or something. See, the problem is that they had so much trouble with the spinal block. He did it, or tried to do it, like eight times. My back is essentially hamburger. If you consider every attempt was like three or four needle insertions directly into my spine, that's essentially like being stabbed to death by a really tiny knife! Hahahaha. So I have a lot of back pain and headaches from that. The anesthesiologist felt awful. I almost had him in tears. He almost gave up and they were going to have to put me out with a general to get the baby out, then he tried 'one more time' and got it!! I told him I was sent there by the 'powers that be' to remind him not to get cocky! He laughed at that. He said I made him feel like a sweaty palmed newbie! OH GREAT!!! Hahahaha!

mkerton Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 6:58pm
post #143 of 510

I had headaches after both my spinals (and with my son they got it on the first try and this last time it took 2 tries).. unfortunately i havent found really anything that seems to get rid of them..... tylenol and motrin dont really seem to touch it.... my sister got them too from her epidural so I wonder if it matters what method they use or if its just a "mess with the spine you will get headaches" kind of thing

I found most of my back pain after the c-section was up in my shoulder blades, I figured it was because I was using my arms a lot to help pull myself up or support myself on the way back down and since they aren't used to having to do that kind of work my muscles were really sore! Luckily that went away after the first week or so. Are you having pain at the injection sites??? My two itch a little bit and were raised up a bit like a bug bite for awhile but that has gone away as well.

I bet you will feel like a new woman in the next few days, it seemed to get so much better after that one to one and a half week mark...and now (since I am 2 1/2 weeks out from my c-section) I feel pretty much totally fine...no pain when I sneeze or anything!! Guess that means I can start exercising huh? BLECH!

Melvira Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 7:35pm
post #144 of 510

I had DH take a pic of my back just so I could see it... I accidentally scratched it once and that was a sucky lesson!! But it was all swollen, etc. When I looked at the pic is was a bunch of small bruises.

I don't really have much pain from the incision itself other than the normal kind of sore feeling. It's more the headache and backache thing. And like you said, nothing wants to touch it! icon_wink.gif I am a pretty good healer, so I'm not too worried, although I know I set myself back a bit by doing too much too soon, but I think I am just nervous thinking about Daddy going back to work next week and me trying to wokr out how this is all going to happen. But hey, I've seen less competent people than me handle it just fine! Hahahah! I think within the next few days I am going to start feeling stronger and more capable. I have dealt with headaches before.

I think another big problem for me is that my mother is making me nuts. She pesters me about every little thing and makes me crazy. Right now her big kick is the cell phone provider we are using. Sometimes I just want to choke her! Hahaha. Like, does she really think I need to worry about this RIGHT NOW? Don't you think in a week or something would be a better time to bug me?? icon_confused.gificon_lol.gif Bless her heart. She's the only mother I have, so I have to let this stuff slide. icon_wink.gif

mkerton Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 7:52pm
post #145 of 510

I was really nervous about Mike going back to work this week, so far I have been pleasantly surprised at how easy my days are going. I mean I knew Allie was a pretty easy DAYTIME baby, but I think I half expected everything to go down the tube when he went back to work (especially because I figured Drew would be a major pill missing having his daddy around all the time) but Drew seemed to get it that Daddy had to go back to work, and Allie is giving me a pretty easy time of things, and I have even run a few errands with both of the kids and was amazed at how much better I feel now then when I carted my son and my cousins baby around 8-9 months pregnant. (its amazing what dropping 18lbs will do for ya) LOL

Melvira Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 7:59pm
post #146 of 510

What a relief! I am going to use that to convince myself that I'll be ok! Hahah! I know I will... just nervous! Oops, guess who woke up. I bet he'd like to eat! AGAIN!!!

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 12:47pm
post #147 of 510

Congratulations Melvira!! What a beautiful boy! The nurse was right, that she sees a lot of babies, and he is a pretty one. I am a foster parent and I only take babies, so I also know a pretty baby when I see one! The dimples are so amazing! They will be deep ones. Our youngest daughter (11 yrs now) was born with dimples. I realized after she was born that I have never seen an unattractive person with dimples.
I hope your back and head aches are better soon. Take good care of yourself.
May God Bless your new bundle of joy all the days of his life!

Melvira Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 3:36pm
post #148 of 510

Thank you Ohara! That is really sweet! I'm sure in love with him, but who could blame me!? icon_biggrin.gif

Man, my head is pounding today! It's weird that it's not the incision that is causing the pain, it's my head! Just crazy!

fiddlesticks Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 5:56pm
post #149 of 510

Awwwww Mel !!Im sorry you dont feel good I had a spinal yrs ago and had those stupid headaches!! Man They feel like your head is going to explode!! I never did find any way to get rid of them other then time !And drink lots of liquid ! But It took yrs to stop having them I think I finally just out grew them but I still have a week spot in my back I have to be careful with ! I dont have them any more thank God ! I spent a lot of my time laying down with a pounding head !

Melvira Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 9:34pm
post #150 of 510

I guess it's just not a great idea to go sticking needles into your spine, eh? icon_lol.gif I feel ok otherwise though, so that's good! Just the stupid headaches, and the chest cold that refuses to let go. I am quite certain that I wouldn't feel quite so punked out if it weren't for the cold. That is dragging me down a bit. I am normally such a fast healer!! I'm trying not to whine too much though! No one likes a whiner, right? Hehehe.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%