Candy Clay

Decorating By joaaaann Updated 8 Jun 2008 , 5:48am by joaaaann

joaaaann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joaaaann Posted 7 Jun 2008 , 4:50am
post #1 of 5

This is probably a really dumb question but I'm wondering..so here goes: I have just mixed up some candy clay for the first time but the instructions say that I am "to let it dry 'to' room temperature" ( as opposed to 'till' room temperature) and them am to wrap till needed...then it says "best if hardened overnight".
Now, it IS room temperature but not exactly 'dry' but like a 'semi hard' consistency with an greasy film if I touch it. Am I supposed to wrap it at this point or wait till completely hard and bone dry? ( BTW, the recipe used was 14 oz almond bark and 1/3 corn syrup melted and mixed together..then to lay out on wax paper to "let it dry...")

4 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 7 Jun 2008 , 4:58am
post #2 of 5

It should be fine to wrap it and let it rest. tomorrow, you will knead it well to re-incorporate the fats into the clay. If it gets too soft, a few minutes in the fridge will help firm it up.

joaaaann Posted 7 Jun 2008 , 5:42am
post #3 of 5

Thank you! I just love how I can get on CC at midnite with a question and get an answer in less than 5 minutes. Now I just have to see how it will work for me tomarrow. If it's as good as I am led to believe from past forums, then this will be so awesome because it's so easy to make! KHalstead had actually given me this recipe and answered my questions a few days ago when I was asking about it. She was super thorough and helpful. This was something we didn't go over tho. I just came across this dilema last minute and hoped SoMeBoDy would be on here at midnite too and ~whew~..you made it so I can fall asleep now. Thanks again! thumbs_up.gif

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 8 Jun 2008 , 4:09am
post #4 of 5

Waiting to hear how you liked the clay.....

I use it to make roses for a demo at the State Fair. The kids love it.

joaaaann Posted 8 Jun 2008 , 5:48am
post #5 of 5

I LOVE the clay!! It's fabulous and so easy. I have to work on my modeling skills quite a bit tho haha. I was trying to make the simplest things (star fish and surf boards and a rope name) and it was just so difficult for some reason but patience is a virtue, right? Still...this is new and exciting for me and I am so glad you saved me last night thumbs_up.gif I'm still working on the cake but I will try to post pix tomarrow.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%