Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 4:18pm
post #31 of 34

I bought mine at Hobby Lobby and Love it I use it all the time

Molly thumbs_up.gif

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 5:04pm
post #32 of 34

I tried special ordering 20 of these extruders from the Michaels where I teach, and a week after the department manager placed the order, he received notification that Michaels no longer carries these....so they aren't going to be carried at any Michaels anymore.

I had to wait weeks and weeks before I was able to snag a 2nd one from Hobby Lobby because my students buy them out super-fast! LOL I had to get a new one because the 2 discs that I mainly use went down the drain, and Makin's customer service told me that they do not sell the discs that come with the Ultimate Extruder separately...nor would they send me the two discs.icon_confused.gif

Anyhoo, the lesson is - KEEP YOUR DISCS SAFE AND SOUND, AND AWAY FROM DRAINS!

Sherri

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 11:29pm
post #33 of 34

Well since there's no Hobby Lobby on the West Coast I finally gave in and bought mine from that link I gave you, polyclayplay.com. It just arrived today. I am going out of town for two weeks on Friday so I can't play with it yet icon_cry.gif!!! But I wanted to tell you all that the proprieter, Trish, was super helpful with my order and very enthusiastic about our unique usage of the extruder. So if you're between a rock and a hard place and can't get the thing at a superduper local discount, I do recommend purchasing from her; with shipping it's still less than its full retail price. She even sent me a CD with some poly clay projects, can't wait to check it out to see if any of them would be interesting for fondant thumbs_up.gif

Oh and Cakepro, thanks for the tip about the drains - I will be veeeery careful! I'd have thought you could get replacement discd too. icon_confused.gif BTW have you seen the http://www.clayfactory.net/makins/makinsprotools.htm site, they sell them for $16.25 each if you buy a pack of 6. I didn't check out how that computes once shipping is added, but figured I'd let you know. ETA: shipping is $12 on a $99 order, so that makes each extruder $18.25 when you buy a pk of 6...free shipping over $150 so they remain a nice cool $16.25 if you buy 12, 18 or 24!)

cakecastle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecastle Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 3:55pm
post #34 of 34

I used mine yesterday for the first time and I love it! It was so easy to use too! I can't wait to play around with it some more to see what I can do with it. Now that I have the extruder I need to go back to Michael's for some more discs. They did sell those, just not the extruders icon_confused.gif .

Sherri-Thanks for the tip! I made sure to cover my drain when I was rinsing the discs. Definately don't want to lose those, especially if you can't get a replacement without buying the whole unit again icon_mad.gif .

Ceshell-I'm glad you got one! I bet you'll love it! icon_biggrin.gif

If I get a chance later I'll post a picture of what I used mine for....I do need more practice, but that isn't the extruder's fault, lol, I'm just not good at writing out names in fondant.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%