I Guess It Wasn't A Huge Deal, But

Decorating By lynda-bob Updated 1 Jun 2008 , 5:34pm by wgoat5

lynda-bob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynda-bob Posted 31 May 2008 , 6:25am
post #1 of 16

I feel sad icon_sad.gif I made this grad cake for my step daughter to take to her sis's graduation. It was made for less than cost and in a few hours. She came to pick up the cake and her finger wound up flicking the side, pulling off side and border. icon_surprised.gif I know it was an accident but I can't get over her shrug and "oh well". I didn't just poof the cake out of my magic hiney icon_rolleyes.gif
I guess now I just say "oh well". Anyway, here's the link to go see my cake Pre-finger icon_razz.gif Thanks in advance, friends, for listening to me vent icon_smile.gif

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1227127

15 replies
chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 31 May 2008 , 6:28am
post #2 of 16

WE all have magic hineys which cakes come shooting out of. Ready-made, ready-decorated.

lynda-bob Posted 31 May 2008 , 6:35am
post #3 of 16

lol Chutzpah icon_lol.gif NO Wonder! I've been doing it the hard way all this time with my little monkey paws and buying ingredients icon_rolleyes.gif The hiney method would make selling cake pure profit and free gifts for the family thumbs_up.gif Thanks for making my laugh icon_biggrin.gif

lukiesmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lukiesmommy Posted 31 May 2008 , 6:42am
post #4 of 16

It's Beautiful!!! You are all so talented here!!!

AWESOME!

M

janine1972 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janine1972 Posted 31 May 2008 , 6:49am
post #5 of 16

I agree!! it is a beautiful cake - and i dont blame you for the dissapointment when she messed it up!! no one knows that it takes a lot of time and patience etc to make something so beautiful!! till they have to try themselves - some people just dont appreciate it - and i feel your pain!!

im sorry that happend to you!! big hugs

ladyellam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyellam Posted 31 May 2008 , 6:57am
post #6 of 16

Hey, I thought I was the only one with monkey paws--maybe we could be long lost sisters lol.

It really is a beautiful cake. I'm so sorry.

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 31 May 2008 , 7:05am
post #7 of 16

I agree with what Janine said. It's such a shame that she couldn't appreciate all the hard work, sweat, possibly tears, and effort that went into that cake.

Is it possible that her reaction was an effort to try to hide embarassment?

amy2197 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amy2197 Posted 31 May 2008 , 9:13am
post #8 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar_Plum_Fairy

I agree with what Janine said. It's such a shame that she couldn't appreciate all the hard work, sweat, possibly tears, and effort that went into that cake.

Is it possible that her reaction was an effort to try to hide embarassment?

Is it possible that you are the sweetest person in the world sugar plum? You always have the nicest things to say in these types of situations. Do you have to wear a hat to keep that halo from blinding everyone? icon_biggrin.gif I wish I could have an ounce of your positivity.

amy2197 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amy2197 Posted 31 May 2008 , 9:21am
post #9 of 16

I'm so sorry about your cake. It is beautiful and i can totally understand about the sides, you must have worked so hard on them. I think we get upset at our kids because many times they don't appreciate what we do, they expect it.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 31 May 2008 , 9:34am
post #10 of 16

Was it an accident, or is she one of those cake pokers we've been talking about lately?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

DoniB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DoniB Posted 31 May 2008 , 9:58am
post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynda-bob

lol Chutzpah icon_lol.gif NO Wonder! I've been doing it the hard way all this time with my little monkey paws and buying ingredients icon_rolleyes.gif The hiney method would make selling cake pure profit and free gifts for the family thumbs_up.gif Thanks for making my laugh icon_biggrin.gif

And just think of the 'green' factor! The ultimate in recycling...

*ducking and running away*

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 31 May 2008 , 10:14am
post #12 of 16

Very pretty cake. What you don't a cake tree in the back yard? It's right next to the $$$ tree isn't it?

Sorry you had to go through that.

Mike

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 31 May 2008 , 10:20am
post #13 of 16

I'm sitting here thinking maybe you should sorta accidentally poke her in the eye and say "oh well!"

Sorry, I'm not being nearly as nice and understanding as you were, lynda-bob.

lynda-bob Posted 31 May 2008 , 2:27pm
post #14 of 16

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif You all are great! OMG I don't know where to start...

Sugar Plum, you Are a sweety... I almost feel ashamed icon_redface.gif Maybe you're right. I definitely know it was an accident because I saw it in action, but I just felt like she thought it was no biggy. I, myself would have been mortified. But I usually am (I've said it before hehehe) transformed into potty-mouth sailor girl, my alter ego, when I mess up a cake myself icon_razz.gif

Veejaytx, You + icon_evil.gif BUT I like that, too icon_wink.gif

Mike, I don't have a tree... only muh hiney icon_lol.gif

Ladyellam, Yes sister, I think we need jackets for our club icon_smile.gif

DoniB, icon_razz.gificon_lol.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_wink.gificon_lol.gif

Thanks for cheering me up Everybody icon_biggrin.gif

Kandy4283 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kandy4283 Posted 31 May 2008 , 6:04pm
post #15 of 16

love it! looks great!

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 1 Jun 2008 , 5:34pm
post #16 of 16

That is one fantastic looking cake there Lynda!!!!

I'm sorry that your hiney doesn't pop out ugly ones like mine LMAO

Lot's of people show different emotions when messing up.. my DD in fact laughs (sometimes that is very irratating but.. that is how she deals with things)
How bout this.. I'll go back to school and then you can make my grad cake icon_biggrin.gif .. I'd love it AND appreciate it icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%