Lesson Learned

Decorating By norma20 Updated 29 May 2008 , 5:38pm by diane

norma20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
norma20 Posted 29 May 2008 , 5:24pm
post #1 of 2

A lady called me yesterday, Wednesday, to order a cake for her daughter graduation. After I asked her how she heard of me, she told me that her best friend, a woman who works for the store were I buy imported chocolats told her about me.

She asked for a 10" chocolate cake with cream cheese filling. Covered with fondant and decorated with big orange polka dots. An orange fondant ribbon with white polka dots would complete the cake.

She would come to pick it up on Friday morning, tomorrow, around 9:30.

Well, I worked around the clock to have it ready to apply the fondant today. I even made 2 cups of strawberry sauce to be served with the cake.

Half an hour ago she called me cancelling the order. She said that she was "terribly sorry" but that there was a "car accident" and also that somebody else who was coming for the party tomorrow was bringing a cake (needless to say, a supermarket cake).

I am glad that I had not applied the fondant on the cake yet. It's now wrapped and frozen.

"Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me" (hope I have learned my lesson)

Norma

1 reply
diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 29 May 2008 , 5:38pm
post #2 of 2

question...did you start the cake without a deposit?? icon_confused.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%