Weird Request From Dd My Friends.. Please Look

Decorating By wgoat5 Updated 4 Jun 2008 , 12:08pm by Kiddiekakes

CambriasCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CambriasCakes Posted 29 May 2008 , 5:52pm
post #61 of 67

Hi Shelby!!

Greetings from Phoenix, AZ - Valley of The Sun! It's starting to get hot here...supposed to be 104 today - yikes! Guess I'll have to go jump in the pool!

I think it's really cool that you're getting a penpal. When I was in 6th grade (looong time ago!!) I had a penpal named Karen from England. We wrote to each other for about 4 years and then lost touch. I wish I could find her...I still think about her to this day and even have some of the letters she sent me! So make lots of penpals, keep in touch with them and maybe someday when you're old enough you can travel the world and meet them all!

If your mom says it's ok, PM me and give me your address....I'd love to send you some souvenier type things from Arizona!

Take care,

Alisha

twooten173 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twooten173 Posted 29 May 2008 , 6:36pm
post #62 of 67

Hello from Pittsburgh....home of the FABULOUS Pittsburgh Steelers. icon_smile.gif If you ever get to Pittsburgh you really should visit. We can go get junkyard samich. You haven't lived until you've had one of those. I'll go get one today and eat it for you icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

I hope you get some penpals, especially in other countries. It would be a great learning experience for you.

Oh yeah, keep doing you! My DH always laughs at how I'll talk to anyone and because of that I know everyone. That's not a bad thing!

Theresa

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 29 May 2008 , 7:24pm
post #63 of 67

Shelby,

I'm so glad to hear that you've found some penpals. That's great news! Enjoy your correspondence with them and remember, if you ever need another one, Diana is here in NJ (she's the one who'll be 10 in about two weeks).

Bye-bye for now.

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 30 May 2008 , 12:28am
post #64 of 67

Shelby,

I'm stepping out on a limb here, but I do not have a problem with myspace. I have one and one of my three sons have one...but Hes 17. It can be a bad place sweetie, that is why only he has one not my other two boys 10 and 8. Mom is right to worry about it, and you should always know that mom and dads know best, and they only want whats best for you. You will have a great summer I'm sure! Hope you hands don't cramp as easy! Another thing you can do, and my boys do this and that is as they read some of these posts on CC they put a star on the state or country where that post came from. Its a challenge for them to find different ones after a little bit.... have mom get maps off the internet of the U.S. and Europe, Asia etc and do the same. As you write them put another star on the same area so you can see just how far you wrote, and how far all of us are. Have fun sweetie. OH,my family and I live in Illinois...about 20 minutes from St Louis Missouri.... keep smiling baby!

aliciababcock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciababcock Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 12:08am
post #65 of 67

Hiya Shelby from Arkansas! I have a ten year old sister that comes and stays with me about every weekend (I am 18 years older than she is) and I won't let her on any website unless I am right over her shoulder. There are a lot of people out there who try to trick kids and I don't want that to happen to her. Your momma only does it cause she loves you. If you want my sister's information, pm me. I think an old fashioned pen pal will do kids good these days. I think with all the texting and im messaging, we forget how to write a letter.

Take care!

yaadie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yaadie Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 11:51am
post #66 of 67

when I was a kid, I was very much like you. I had joined a penpal agency that caters to kids. and for me, I only had good experiences, I had penpals from, Argentina, all over the US, canada, sweden, greece, israel, iran, colombia, spain, england and venezuela. I am from Jamaica and I also met alot of international students there on exchange programs. It was great to learn about different cultures and refreshing to know parents were all the same...icon_wink.gif
and it was always great to come home and find that the postman brought tonnes of letters for me!

As for my space, I have 3 boys, 12+, 9 and 3. and I don't allow my older kids to do the myspace thing either.Some of my 12 yr old's friends have accounts on several of these 'friends' websites, but I think they are not appropriate for kids of any age, and I won't let him do it either. Honey, we live in a big world with alot of different people out there, not all of them are nice like you! listen to your mom, but I think you already do!
I now live in Canada and I am a cake central addict!! I hope you enjoy all your new friends you will make from the CC'rs on this site....

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 12:08pm
post #67 of 67

Hi Shelby from Calgary Canada!!!!

Get out the map and look for the province of Alberta..That's where I am!!!!! Your Mom is the best..you are very Lucky!!! Great to see that you are so passionate about life!!!

Laurel icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%