I Am In Big Trouble

Decorating By TnSwtHart Updated 28 May 2008 , 9:12pm by TnSwtHart

TnSwtHart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TnSwtHart Posted 28 May 2008 , 3:49am
post #1 of 17

I have decided the warning on the home page is so true it should be in much larger print. I am officially addicted!! I know this because:

1. I wake up in the morning and check new postings on CC before anything else!
2. I read CC forum and look at new cake designs while listening to my online professors latest lecture.
3. I am so glad school is out so I can keep up with CC.
4. I just told my boss I cannot complete the paperwork needed for a workshop before midnight because I was practicing a new technique I read on CC.
5. I turn on my laptop to read while cooking dinner!
6. CC is the last thing I do before retiring for the evening.
7. I have to check new recipes on CC before going to the grocery store to do my weekly shopping.
8. I just love learning so many new things, I am practicing for my next class before I even begin!!!

Hope you all have a great week...
Audine

16 replies
diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 28 May 2008 , 4:40am
post #2 of 17

man...do you got it bad!...and you're a newbie! icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 28 May 2008 , 4:51am
post #3 of 17

LOL...welcome to CC!

waywordz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
waywordz Posted 28 May 2008 , 4:54am
post #4 of 17

WELCOME!! Come on in the "batter" is great. (I'd say water but, we both know where are brains are.) LOL!!! I'm not laughing at you but, at me. I am also addicted. I too, am in BIG TROUBLE! I always wondered how can people spend all that time chatting online. But, this isn't just chat. I've learned so much here!! But, I knew I was addicted when I started dreaming about these threads!!! Sorry, for all the exclamation points. But it's true, they warned us! I hurry to get the house work done so that I can grab a minute on here. I look up at the clock and it's not a minute, but, several hours I've been reading and browsing pictures. Oh, I don't know how much info you've gotten yet, so, heads up on looking at the pictures, they request you leave a comment. It's like the golden rule that I grew up with. I know I'd want someone to leave some kind of message to encourage me and keep me going and not just look and keep on going. There was a thread (forum topic) about it. At first I was afraid to post a comment in the forums or on the pics. But, everyone on here has been so friendly that I'm not as concerned I'm gonna sound stupid, etc. Sorry this is so long. I love making cakes and doing all the sugar stuff. I've taken all the local classes I could get my hands on. Most of my family and friends don't understand my need to talk about cakes all the time. I didn't even know I could be so passionate about cakes until I took my first class. I love this place. CC rules!!

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 28 May 2008 , 5:16am
post #5 of 17

My husband recently told me there are other things online besides cake.......

What ??? No Way!!

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 28 May 2008 , 5:24am
post #6 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by marthajo1

My husband recently told me there are other things online besides cake.......

What ??? No Way!!

icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gificon_confused.gif ..really?...no way! icon_lol.gif

waywordz Posted 28 May 2008 , 5:35am
post #7 of 17

I think your husband MUST be mistaken. How can he know? Mine can hardly get online anymore! lol. I have become a computer hog!

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 28 May 2008 , 5:41am
post #8 of 17

Seriously-- I have 11 tabs open in my firefox window.... 1 is my email, 1 is a how to on petit fours, and 9 are CC! icon_lol.gif

nikki72905 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikki72905 Posted 28 May 2008 , 6:09am
post #9 of 17

As soon as we get my husbands laptop fixed, I am getting the new one, so I can browse online, anywhere within 50 feet of our house... HEHEHE My DH likes me Happy! LOL I can go and sit on our deck and catch some rays and enjoy CC at the same time YEAHHHHH, Now, when is that pc going to be fixed ? LOL

waywordz Posted 28 May 2008 , 6:12am
post #10 of 17

marthajo1
Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:41 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seriously-- I have 11 tabs open in my firefox window.... 1 is my email, 1 is a how to on petit fours, and 9 are CC!

lol! I tried this but, only with like 4 CC and my computer was too slow. I'm faster and I hate waiting!! You must either have more patience or your computer is fast.

SugarMama602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarMama602 Posted 28 May 2008 , 1:44pm
post #11 of 17

I actually had a dream last night about variations to the Sweetex BC recipe (which I just recently discovered - deeelish!). IN MY SLEEP I'm thinking...now if I just cut the water in half and add an extra extract, or cut the PS by a 1/4 cup and add cocoa.....

I'm a mess!

michellesArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellesArt Posted 28 May 2008 , 2:07pm
post #12 of 17

i'm doing housework while checking up on threads and i dream of new cakes and cookies that inspired me online lol how does anyone get anything done ?!?!!?

DoniB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DoniB Posted 28 May 2008 , 2:08pm
post #13 of 17

When I tell folks about CC, I warn them that their next two weeks will disappear and their marriage might suffer a bit. icon_smile.gif

I have CC as my home page when I get online... sigh...

michellesArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellesArt Posted 28 May 2008 , 2:13pm
post #14 of 17

oh what a great idea?!!? i can't believe i didn't think of that before!!

adunfag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adunfag Posted 28 May 2008 , 2:37pm
post #15 of 17

OMG, I am so going to make it my homepage too. Great idea!

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 28 May 2008 , 2:55pm
post #16 of 17

Oh, what do husbands know!!!! LOL My hubby is checking out aviation stuff when I'm looking at cakes. I admit I usually check out what's going on at cc in the morning while I drink my shake. Time can get away from you when you're on here. Lots to look at and learn.

TnSwtHart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TnSwtHart Posted 28 May 2008 , 9:12pm
post #17 of 17

Phew... I am feeling so much better. However, I had an in-service today and at lunch I was browsing the website. I have now officially infected 3 of my coworkers at school. Thank goodness we have 4 computers in my home... my husband would kills me (he's a computer tech).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%