Cupcake Sale Outside(In Arizona) Help Please!!!

Decorating By ericalove Updated 22 May 2008 , 4:18pm by Texas_Rose

ericalove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ericalove Posted 22 May 2008 , 4:12pm
post #1 of 3

Ok so my church is having a fundraiser June 1st and they set me up to have the cupcake stand,that is going to be outside,may I remind you we are in Arizona and we are well into our summer already icon_cry.gif . Can anyone PLEASE help me with tips or recipes for having cupcakes outside.PLEASE I dont want to have a cupcake disaster.So PLEASE any tips or recipes for the heat would be greatly appreciated icon_sad.gif

I have thought about using all shortning,but I have a reputation about having really delicious cupcakes and I dont want to let them down.And that leaves me uneasy knowing that people are going to just be eatting all shortning,because it dosent taste very good icon_sad.gif

2 replies
diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 22 May 2008 , 4:15pm
post #2 of 3

use an all shortening recipe. if you want the butter flavor, add butter-flavored extract to it. icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 22 May 2008 , 4:18pm
post #3 of 3

Marshmallow fondant stands up well to heat. It's cheap to make and easy to use on cupcakes, too. Lightly frost the cupcakes with buttercream(really just a smear of icing on the tops) and then roll out your fondant. Cut circles with a drinking glass that's the right size, set the circles on top of the cupcakes, and smooth the edges with your fingers so that the fondant rests right on top of the cupcake wrapper.

It looks really neat, too. People always ask me if I have some sort of machine to get the frosting that perfect.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%