Help!-Baby Shower (Music Theme)

Decorating By CupcakeCathy Updated 19 May 2008 , 9:10pm by weirkd

CupcakeCathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupcakeCathy Posted 19 May 2008 , 7:59pm
post #1 of 13

Okay, I just received an order for a baby shower cake using a music theme. The baby's nursery is decorated with music notes, guitars etc. The colors are sky blue, brown and a little red icon_confused.gif Any ideas?

12 replies
yummymummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummymummy Posted 19 May 2008 , 8:07pm
post #2 of 13

What kind of music are we talking about? I was thinking a take on " Rock a bye baby"

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 19 May 2008 , 8:20pm
post #3 of 13

What size/shape is this cake? It's easy to make notes and guitars. You can use chocolate melts.
OR the baby lulaby/rock a bye baby.

toodlesjupiter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toodlesjupiter Posted 19 May 2008 , 8:22pm
post #4 of 13

What about a take on something like this:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_23333.html

But with a guitar on top, maybe a few baby items, like bows/binkies etc., and an edible image of the sheet music for Rock a Bye Baby. I don't know, just the first things that popped into my head. Maybe others will have some better ideas.... Good luck!

lizziegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lizziegirl Posted 19 May 2008 , 8:24pm
post #5 of 13

No but here's a bump

CupcakeCathy Posted 19 May 2008 , 8:33pm
post #6 of 13

Sorry, more info would have been helpful. It is for our music director at my church. I was thinking of make it a 10" and 12" round stacked cake. I thought of making a small/medium sized guitar to put on top with a sleeping baby laying in the curve of the guitar and decorate with music notes all around both cakes. What do you all think?

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 19 May 2008 , 8:36pm
post #7 of 13

I like your ideaicon_smile.gif Except that a guitar doesn't have a curved 'neck'. See you had ideas alreadyicon_smile.gif

Denae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Denae Posted 19 May 2008 , 8:38pm
post #8 of 13

if have a baby sleeping, you could cover him/her with a "sheet of music"...also is it a black and white theme or are you incorporating color into it?

Homemade-Goodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Homemade-Goodies Posted 19 May 2008 , 8:45pm
post #9 of 13

The guitar body is curved...I like the idea of a peaceful sleeping baby next to one. There is also the song from Dumbo "Baby Mine"...such a sweet loving song, maybe have that on sheet music for blanket...please be sure to post the finished product. Can't wait to see how it turns out!!

Good luck!! icon_biggrin.gif

shellzey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shellzey Posted 19 May 2008 , 8:46pm
post #10 of 13

you could write "Jesus loves me this I know...." around the sides of the cake with music notes around it

yummymummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummymummy Posted 19 May 2008 , 9:03pm
post #11 of 13

I really love those ideas! CC members are so clever! icon_biggrin.gif

CupcakeCathy Posted 19 May 2008 , 9:05pm
post #12 of 13

Great ideas guys. I was thinking of putting the baby in the curve of the body of the guitar. Next question-how do I make a guitar to fit on top the 10" cake? I wanted it laying on it's side or kind of at an angle so that the baby fits. I even thought of a music clef and having the baby laying in the bottom curve but how do I make a guitar or clef thick enough to lay a baby in it?

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 19 May 2008 , 9:10pm
post #13 of 13

I think you should get the sheet music of the song printed out on an edible image and put it around the sides of the cake. Then go back and put cut outs of fondant baby animals and anything nurery related like bottles, pacifiers, etc. with it. Then for the topper use a sleeping baby!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%