Freezing Question.

Baking By paintinggrams Updated 21 May 2008 , 2:02am by Ro40

paintinggrams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paintinggrams Posted 19 May 2008 , 6:43pm
post #1 of 4

I made cookies last week for my granddaughters birthday treat at school next Friday. I made them last week and froze then after they had cooled. Now I find I also I have to make cookies for a BBQ/pool party next Saturday. Can I thaw out my granddaughters decorate them and then refreeze them or will they be ok if I just decorate them, put them in their cellophane packages and then store in air tight container until next week.
I'm using Karen's meringue Buttercream for the BBQ/pool party cookies and know I will need most of the week so I can decorate them at the begining of the week so they set well enough to then box by Saturday. Any suggestions I would greatly appreciate. Thanks Lynda

3 replies
paintinggrams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paintinggrams Posted 20 May 2008 , 4:08pm
post #2 of 4

I guess everyone is as much a loss on this question as I am. Sorry to have bothered anyone with such a meaningless question. Will figure it out myself. Thanks

toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 20 May 2008 , 10:30pm
post #3 of 4

I think the general concensus is for unfrozen cookies to last for at least 2 weeks. I'm not sure about the freezing and then refreezing. I've never done that. Maybe someone else will pitch in on that. But maybe you can take them out of the freezer a little closer to taking them to school and decorate them then. I know your busy with the others. Sorry - not much help I know

Ro40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ro40 Posted 21 May 2008 , 2:02am
post #4 of 4

I remember learning in my sanitation class that if something has been frozen and then thawed, you should not refreeze it. Too much temperature change breeds bacteria.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%