Number Of Servings?????

Decorating By CristinaB Updated 15 May 2008 , 12:49pm by tracycakes

CristinaB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CristinaB Posted 14 May 2008 , 5:13pm
post #1 of 7

How many servings will you get from a double layered 12" x 18" x 2" 1/2 sheet cake? I'm only finding information about single layers, but wondered if you just double the number...or if it's more because the actual pieces are cut smaller. I'm putting 2 layer numbers on top (7 & 5 in number pans) and was also trying to figure out the servings of those (the plastic number pans). Any insight would be really appreciated!

Thanks!

6 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 14 May 2008 , 7:07pm
post #2 of 7

It depends on how large you want the servings. wedding servings are typically smaller 1x2 4" high. that would give you about 100 servings.

party sizes are sometimes bigger, 2x2 gives you about 50 servings.

CristinaB Posted 14 May 2008 , 11:38pm
post #3 of 7

Thank you JoAnn! That's what I came up with too, but I kept second guessing myself! This will be more along the lines of wedding servings. Large anniversary party!

I appreciate your help!

Cris

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 14 May 2008 , 11:45pm
post #4 of 7

Here is a copy of the chart I use, it has sheet cakes at the bottom...

CristinaB Posted 15 May 2008 , 12:44pm
post #5 of 7

Ooooh! That's VERY helpful! Thank you so much for the chart!

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 15 May 2008 , 12:46pm
post #6 of 7

I use Indydebi's chart as a guide for the sheet cakes too. I use them to make carved cakes, so it's a little different, but her servings are true.

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 15 May 2008 , 12:49pm
post #7 of 7

I love the chart! Thanks for sharing it! I really like the way it's laid out and really helpful. I was figuring some sizes on cakes yesterday and I was happy that my serving numbers matched what yours were. I can still do a little math! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%