Rkt- What Are They???

Decorating By minkiemoo Updated 12 May 2008 , 1:03pm by minkiemoo

minkiemoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minkiemoo Posted 12 May 2008 , 9:14am
post #1 of 6

Sorry for the stupid question, but what are rice krispie treats??

In uk we have rice krispie cereal that we cover with melted chocolate and put in cake cases, but I have seen all manner of wonderful cakes on here that say the head ect is made from rkt and that just woldn't be possible I dont think with our sort - so can someone please explain what they are and how you make them? I have tried the recipe search on here for them but nothing comes up.

Thanks in advance.

5 replies
Homemade-Goodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Homemade-Goodies Posted 12 May 2008 , 9:30am
post #2 of 6

Rice Krispie Treats....they are 3 tablespoons of butter, melted together in a pan with either 4 cups mini marshmallows, or 1 jar marshmallow creme. Take it off the heat and add 6 cups rice krispies cereal. Blend everything evenly together and pour into buttered form(s). It is so addictively tasty!!! You can find a billion variation recipes on Kelloggs.com.

Try them, you'll be addicted too!!! icon_biggrin.gif

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 12 May 2008 , 9:33am
post #3 of 6

. . . you maybe know them by a different name???

nikki72905 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikki72905 Posted 12 May 2008 , 9:34am
post #4 of 6

homemade goodies summed it up ...

I used to make this variation when I was a kid

Make reg. rice krispy treats as mentioned above

melt butterscotch chips, spread over RKT's let set
melt chocolate chips, spread over RKT's let set

Cut and enjoy -- they won't last long ...

lovely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovely Posted 12 May 2008 , 9:36am
post #5 of 6

Hi ya,

I think I read that the Uk has rice bubbles and RKT are just rice bubbles with marshmallow. There may other smaller ingredients in a couple of recipes I've read but they are somewhat yummy and shape well for various heads in cakes etc..

HTH

Leigh

minkiemoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minkiemoo Posted 12 May 2008 , 1:03pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you so much.

I am definately going to try these. We do get rice krisipes here in the uk and some of the bigger supermarkets do their own version and they ten to be cheaper.

We don't have marshmallow in a jar as far as I am aware here in the UK but we can get mini marshmallows and regular sized ones but not all white they are usually pink and white in large and multi coloured in the minis.

thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%