4 Yr Old Fell And Broke Her Leg

Lounge By mrsdawnwhite Updated 11 May 2008 , 12:08am by 4Gifts4Lisa

mrsdawnwhite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsdawnwhite Posted 10 May 2008 , 2:26am
post #1 of 5

My 4 yr old daughter fell and broke her leg on Monday evening.. She was running and playing and fell on our hardwood floor. Well that was on Monday and she still won't try to walk on it. I'm carrying her everywhere. Which wouldn't be so bad if I didn't already have one child that can't walk. My son has CP and uses wheelchair.. So now I have one that can't walk and one that doesn't want to try.. Does anyone have any suggestions on trying to get her up and walking again. I've tried bribery and it hasn't worked well..

Any suggestions will be appreciated..

Thanks

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 10 May 2008 , 4:31am
post #2 of 5

Oh my that's too bad. Sorry, never have had to deal w/anything like that but wanted to tell you I will be praying for you & her.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 10 May 2008 , 4:48am
post #3 of 5

It might be too painful to walk on, or maybe it was when she first tried and now she's afraid to try. It might help her to have something to lean on while she walks...when I broke my foot, I used the umbrella stroller inside the house as a kind of walker.

My guess is that she might be enjoying the attention, figuring that her brother gets more attention because he can't walk, so she might as well have some attention while she's injured. Maybe if you tell her how sad you are that your big girl helper is hurt and can't do fun things with you, she'll start trying to walk on it.

The swimming pool is a good bribe too...tell her if she doesn't walk on the leg, it won't heal up in time to go swimming this summer icon_biggrin.gif Once the cast is off, swimming would be really good for her, because it will let her strengthen the leg and get some exercise without having to put her weight on it.

mrsdawnwhite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsdawnwhite Posted 10 May 2008 , 11:38pm
post #4 of 5

Thank you for replying. I'm going to try to get her in the kitchen to help me..

Dawn

4Gifts4Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4Gifts4Lisa Posted 11 May 2008 , 12:08am
post #5 of 5

Oh poor little thing!

My sister was in a bicyle accident when she was four and almost severed her achilles tendon. After surgery she was in a cast for a few months. I was away when it happened (I was nine at the time), but got home a few weeks later. She had not used her crutches yet b/c she was too scared! I did what big sisters do, and turned it into a game, and she was using them within a few days.

Maybe she just needs to get used to the idea. The poor kid!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%